The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet skiing at St Gervias/Megeve with 475 km of skiing. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
Supervised by, and reports directly to the Hotel Manager
This is a position with a fantastic variety of involvement in the whole operation and includes driving approximately one or two days a week. Duties include:
- Welcome and acknowledge the clients and be prepared to converse with them.
- Strong focus on housekeeping of the clients’ bedrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning of rooms, bathrooms) and cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets.
- Hospitality and dining service – setting up restaurant, food service, cleaning and table hosting duties.
- Drive clients to the airport, train station or other inter-resort locations in addition to any other driving of the vehicles as required.
- Planning and participating in après ski activities.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Work well within the hotel team to cover days off.
- Organise the social skiing and provide snow reports for the clients.
- Keep up to date on weather conditions in order to plan the weekly ski programme efficiently and safely.
- Responsible for the in-house ski shop (open every day before and after skiing and arrival days) – ski equipment fitting on client’s arrival, servicing and organising of ski returns and storage.
- Responsible for stock control ensuring all are accounted for and completing weekly sales and revenue reports.
- Responsible for maintaining ski shop cleanliness and ensure ski servicing maintenance issues are reported.
- Plan, organise and advertise ski stocks and servicing details to maximise revenue.
- Responsible for the compliance of all legal and health and safety policies in relation to ski servicing machines and ski equipment.
- Taking part in the client welcome speech providing information on the ski shop services and equipment upgrades.
- Assist with serving evening meals and participate in après ski activities on a rota basis.
- Work well within the ski tech team to cover days off and support other hotel operations when required which will include duties such as housekeeping, bar, kitchen and driving (if cleared to drive).
What we are looking for:
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- Passionate about the mountains and experience of winter sport activities.
- Previous customer-facing job role work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and time-management skills.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Previous ski tech experience will be an advantage (full training will be provided).
- A good standard of general education.
- Full clean UK driving licence and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions is highly desirable.
- French language skills desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Highly competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!