Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, so you have direct access out onto the ski slopes and spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
Supervised, and reports directly to the Hotel Manager
- Strong focus on housekeeping of the clients’ bedrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning of rooms, bathrooms) and cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets.
- Hospitality and dining service – setting up restaurant, bar, waitering, cleaning and clearing tables.
- Kitchen duties including washing-up on a rota basis.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
To provide Reception cover as required (at least one day per week):
- Use your fluent French language skills to liaise with suppliers, booking enquires and provide general translation and interpretation services, both verbal and written.
- Manning the reception area; client check-in, answering the telephone, correspondence and general office duties on a rota basis.
- Manage and administer the booking system, airport transfers and departure invoices.
- Provide clients with exceptional customer service, handling any issues with courtesy and diplomacy.
- Respond to any general client requests such as providing local information, maintenance and housekeeping issues, restaurant reservations, onward travel, taxi transfers, foreign exchange, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of reception and surrounding areas, updating notice board displays and replenishment of client information literature.
- Ensure maintenance and housekeeping issues are reported according to protocol and duly completed.
- Liaise with suppliers, placing orders for relevant departments and checking deliveries as directed.
- Work well within the team to cover days off and support all hotel operations when required.
What we are looking for:
- Be in possession of an UK passport and UK home address is essential.
- Have a UK bank account and a UK National Insurance Number is essential.
- Fluency in French and English both written and verbal is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer, organisation and administration skills.
- Confident working in a pressured working environment.
- Any European language in addition to French and English is desirable.
- A friendly, confident and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Previous hospitality, service and catering industries experience is desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation on a shared basis
- Travel to and from resort (from/to UK only)
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- A local summer walkers lift pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps