Want to live and work in Canada for a ski season? Keen to improve your French and earn a good wage? Tremblant is calling...
Oyster offers you the opportunity to do all three on our guaranteed paid work programme at the world-famous ski resort, Mont Tremblant, Quebec. We also offer advice on how to apply for your Canadian working holiday permit (IEC).
We have links with a number of employers in the resort, all keen to work with you for the season. Jobs typically typically include 'back of house jobs' such as cleaning, washing up and food preparation. If you can speak French there may be an opportunity to work 'front of house'.
Canadian employers are proud of their reputation for high levels of customer service and you should expect to be employed in an entry level position to see how you perform. If you impress your boss, and learn enough French to converse easily, you may well be moved into different roles within the establishment. In the past, we have had people running a deli counter and speaking French all day long! Expect to be punctual, dressed smart and polite to customers.
You will have the full support of our team in the UK (including a pre-departure course) and our representative in Tremblant who will be a helpful friend to you.
Earn a good wage (approx. £7/hour). Most participants find the wage enough to be able to live comfortably, have a great social life and save money for when they have finished the season.
Oyster secures high quality accommodation for you and your group in rented Condo’s (flats) and houses in the local area. You’ll live in a town a short bus ride from Tremblant. All accommodation is self-catering with cooking facilities provided and you should expect to share a room. Participants pay for accommodation whilst in Tremblant. This is great value and works out to be C$500 per month (roughly £300).
What do I get for my money?
To participate in the programme there is a charge of £1395, this includes:
• Pre-arranged guaranteed job in Tremblant before you leave home.
• Guaranteed accommodation ready for your arrival.
• Home country interview and briefing (either face-to-face or over the phone).
• Pre-departure briefing and support both in Canada and the UK.
• Assistance with organising the Work Permit (extra fee of $250 payable to Canadian Immigration).
• Support from our rep in Tremblant throughout your stay.
• Transfer and Orientation of Tremblant.
• Help organising Social Insurance Number and Canadian Bank Account.
• 10 French lessons with our local teacher.
• Meet-up meals and activities in Tremblant.
Working in Tremblant for 5 months is an incredible experience especially if you are keen to develop your skiing and French language skills. Previous applicants have come home saying that it was the best decision they have ever made! Not only is the social life great, the jobs fantastic but also the support and benefits that Tremblant gives its employees.