Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet skiing at St Gervias/Megeve with 475 km of skiing. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, so you have direct access out onto the ski slopes and spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
We are looking for a Hotel Assistant Manager who has a passion for mountains and would relish a postition with the opportunity to ski/board.
- Assist and support the Hotel Manager in all aspects of the hotel operation and be responsible in the Hotel Manager’s absence.
- Welcome and acknowledge the clients, be prepared to converse with them and provide an excellent hospitality service.
- Set an example to the hotel team to provide clients with the highest possible level of service and provide on-going training and monitoring.
- Responsible for the restaurant, bar and kitchen smooth operation and deliverance of high service standards.
- Responsible for the standards of service and cleanliness of the restaurant, bar and kitchen.
- Responsible for the management of the restaurant, bar and kitchen staff – motivation, ongoing training, company’s disciplinary procedure, general welfare and rota.
- Control of the bar stock/revenue and kitchen stock/budget and timely completion of the bar and kitchen stock control and accounts weekly administrative paperwork.
- Lead and promote opportunities to maximise the hotels revenue through the bar including promoting wine sales prior to evening dinner service.
- Organise and oversee an excellent client restaurant experience including table seating allocations
- Lead and organise the evening entertainment.
- Responsible for bar cover on the barpersons day off/absence.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with all suppliers and contractors.
What we are looking for:
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- Be an inspirational, confident leader with previous experience in hotel, hospitality, customer service industries.
- Have an interest and aptitude to manage and motivate staff.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Have excellent computer skills (particularly Excel), organisation, accounting and administration skills.
- Must be confident in a pressured working environment.
- Full clean UK driving licence is essential and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions is desirable.
- French language skills are highly desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Highly competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!