Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet skiing at St Gervias/Megeve with 475 km of skiing. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, so you have direct access out onto the ski slopes and spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
- Welcome and acknowledge the clients and be prepared to converse with them.
- Responsible for the hotel bar operation serving drinks and snacks from late afternoon until midnight to our clients and visiting local non-residents.
- Responsible for the compliance of all legal responsibilities under our French bar licenses.
- Complete weekly stock checks, place all necessary orders, check deliveries and ensure all order items are accounted for.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with all suppliers and contractors.
- Complete daily reconciliation of cash and till receipts, control and recording of staff and client tabs and compile weekly detailed bar accounts using Excel spreadsheets.
- Provide clients with exceptional customer service, handling service and any issues with courtesy, diplomacy and a friendly manner.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the bar and surrounding drinking areas.
- Ensure bar maintenance issues are reported and duly completed.
- Plan, organise and advertise bar promotions to maximise revenue including the promotion of wine sales prior to evening diner service.
- Assist with evening entertainment.
- Work well within the team and support other hotel operations when required which will include duties such as housekeeping, kitchen and driving (if cleared to drive).
What we are looking for:
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- Previous hospitality and bar management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and time-management skills.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Excellent numeracy, computer and administration skills, very competent in using Excel.
- Driving Licence and French language skills are desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Highly competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!