Do you have a passion for cooking and previous experience as a chef? Are you looking for a position to enhance your CV and progress your career with the opportunity to ski/ board in your spare time?
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
We are looking for a Head Chef who has a passion for mountains and would relish a position in a hotel with doorstep skiing for maximum time on the slopes. Your team includes a second chef and two kitchen assistants.
- Work as a team with the Second Chef to prepare and deliver wholesome high standard meals for all clients and staff (buffet-style breakfast, home-made afternoon cakes, 4-course evening meal.
- Take note of comments posted by clients on the questionnaire and react positively accordingly.
- Manage the kitchen budget and minimise expenditure.
- Monitor stock levels and place all necessary orders.
- To take overall ownership to ensure kitchen and storage areas are clean and safe, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
- Control wastage and ensure all stock secure with no loss.
- Ensure staff follow food policy with no unauthorised food leaving the kitchen.
- Provide supervision and training in kitchen hygiene standards and health and safety to all staff involved in food preparation and kitchen/restaurant cleaning.
- Responsible for shopping for kitchen supplies by delivery, UK or physically driving and shopping locally.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with all suppliers.
What we are looking for:
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification is desirable.
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in kitchens, hospitality and customer service industries is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills is essential.
- Previous experience in mentoring/training teams desirable.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Highly competitive salary + bonus scheme
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!