Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet skiing at St Gervias/Megeve with 475 km of skiing. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, so you have direct access out onto the ski slopes and spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
We are looking for a Head Chef who has a passion for mountains and would relish a position in a hotel with doorstep skiing for maximum time on the slopes. Your team includes a second chef and two kitchen assistants.
- Work as a team with the Second Chef to prepare and deliver wholesome high standard meals for all clients and staff (buffet-style breakfast, home-made afternoon cakes, 4-course evening meal - 7 days a week) within the allocated kitchen budget. Take note of comments posted by clients on the questionnaire and react positively accordingly.
- Manage the kitchen budget and minimise expenditure.
- Monitor stock levels and place all necessary orders.
- To take overall ownership to ensure kitchen and storage areas are clean and safe, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
- Control wastage and ensure all stock secure with no loss.
- Ensure staff follow food policy with no unauthorised food leaving the kitchen.
- Provide supervision and training in kitchen hygiene standards and health and safety to all staff involved in food preparation and kitchen/restaurant cleaning.
- Responsible for shopping for kitchen supplies by delivery, UK or physically driving and shopping locally.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with all suppliers.
What we are looking for:
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification is essential.
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in kitchens, hospitality and customer service industries is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills is essential.
- Previous experience in mentoring/training teams desirable.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Highly competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!