Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet skiing at St Gervias/Megeve with 475 km of skiing. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, so you have direct access out onto the ski slopes and spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
A Hospitality General assists in the day to day tasks of running our Club Hotel. From housekeeping, customer service to restaurant duties, this is a hands on, all-rounder position. Duties include:
- Welcome and acknowledge the clients and be prepared to converse with them.
- Strong focus on housekeeping of the clients’ bedrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning of rooms, bathrooms) and cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets.
- Hospitality and dining service – setting up restaurant, waitering, cleaning and table hosting duties.
- Planning and participating in après ski activities.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Work well within the team to cover days off and support all hotel operations when required.
What we are looking for
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- A friendly, confident and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and time-management skills.
- Previous hospitality, service and catering industries experience will be an advantage.
- A good standard of general education.
- French language skills desirable.
- Maintenance skills desirable.
- Full clean UK driving licence and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions is highly desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Highly competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!