Snowcoach is an independent family run company operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and, most importantly, our staff!
We are looking for kitchen assistants who would relish a position with the opportunity to ski/board, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun!
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, a games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes including links to the Valloire ski area. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
Working overseas for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to be abroad without having to fund it yourself and you get paid in the process!
- Work closely with the Head Chef and Second Chef as instructed to help prepare and deliver a high standard of meals for all clients and staff (buffet-style breakfast, homemade afternoon cakes and 4-course evening meal).
- Total responsibility for all aspects of washing up.
- To ensure kitchen and storage areas are kept clean and safe, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
- Work well within the kitchen team to cover days off and support other hotel operations if required which could include housekeeping, bar, restaurant and driving (if cleared to drive).
What we are looking for:
- A UK /EU passport holder.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification is desirable.
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in kitchen, hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- French language skills would be useful.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains desirable.
- Confident in a pressurised working environment.
In addition to working for an independent company with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to/from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous friends and family holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!