Snowcoach is an independent family run company established in 1978, operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have many returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and, most importantly, our staff!
We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant who would relish a position with the opportunity to ski/board, who is not afraid of hard work and has the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
- Work closely with the Head Chef and Second Chef to help prepare and deliver wholesome high-quality meals for all clients and staff (buffet-style breakfast, homemade afternoon cakes and 4-course evening meal). Children’s suppers provided as necessary during peak weeks. Meals are served 7 days a week and are based on English menus.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of all kitchen and storage areas, washing of all kitchen equipment for the chefs and crockery and utensils for the restaurant, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
- Work well within the kitchen team to cover days off and support other hotel operations when required, which may include housekeeping, bar, restaurant and driving (if cleared to drive).
Salary and Benefits
In addition to working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Free or subsidised travel to and from resort
- Ski lift pass - whole area
- Skis and boots from our in-house ski shop
- Medical insurance if applicable
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!
What we are looking for:
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we now have to obtain a work permit on your behalf and a visa, unless you have a Carte de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract.)
- Must be fully vaccinated (with proof).
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification is desirable.
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in kitchen, hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable.