Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet skiing at St Gervias/Megeve with 475 km of skiing. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, so you have direct access out onto the ski slopes and spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
Supervised by, and reports directly to the Hotel Manager
- Welcome and acknowledge the clients, be prepared to converse with them and provide an excellent hospitality service
- Drive clients to the airport, train station or other inter-resort locations in addition to any other driving of the minibus as required.
- Ensure that the company vehicles are regularly maintained and cleaned.
- Complete vehicle and mileage records to be sent to the Head Office.
- Responsible for the compliance of all legal and health and safety policies in relation to vehicles.
- Strong focus on housekeeping of the clients’ bedrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning of rooms, bathrooms) and cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets.
- Hospitality and dining service – setting up restaurant, waitering, cleaning and table hosting duties. The hotel restaurant offers hot buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and home-made cakes and a 4-course evening meal including cheese board and complimentary wine.
- Participating in après ski activities.
- Work well within the hotel team to cover days off and support other hotel operations as required.
- Ideally aged 25 or over due to insurance restrictions.
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- Full clean UK driving licence and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions.
- Previous customer-facing job role work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and time-management skills.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- A good standard of general education.
- PCV coach driving licence desirable (salary top up applicable).
- French language skills are desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Food and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!