HOTEL MAINTENANCE PERSON
Snowcoach is an independent family run company operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and our staff!
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont-Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, bar + lounge, a games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes including links to the Valloire ski area. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
Working overseas for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to experience working abroad without having to fund yourself and you get paid in the process!
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance of the property.
- General painting and decorating the hotel public areas, bedrooms and externally.
- Fixing/making good of doors/handles/locks/furniture.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and good working order of hotel leisure facilities i.e. hot tub and steam room.
- Lighting open fire.
- Unblocking drains and toilets.
- Ensure that the company vehicles are regularly maintained and cleaned.
- Complete vehicle and mileage records to be sent to Head Office.
- Responsible for the compliance of all legal health and safety policies in relation to vehicles and hotel leisure facilities, equipment and fittings.
- Snow clearing – maintaining clear paths and ensuring there is no danger of falling ice and snow from the roof.
- Work well within the team and support other hotel operations where required (including driving).
What we are looking for:
- A UK/EU passport holder.
- A good standard of general education.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Competent handyman with DIY/carpentry skills.
- Full clean driving licence (minimum age 25 due to vehicle insurance restrictions). Experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions advantageous.
- A working knowledge of French is desirable.
In addition to working for an independent company with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent meals and accommodation
- Travel to/from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!