Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet skiing at St Gervias/Megeve with 475 km of skiing. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, so you have direct access out onto the ski slopes and spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
We are seeking a Hotel Manager who has a passion for hospitality business together with a love of the mountains both in the summer and winter.
This post is initially for the winter season however there is the option to extend in to an all year round position.
- Welcome and acknowledge the clients, be prepared to converse with them and provide an excellent hospitality service
- Overall responsibility for the hotels smooth operation and deliverance of high service standards.
- Overall responsibility for the housekeeping and hotel standards of cleanliness.
- Overall responsibility for the customer holiday skiing experience by leading the team to provide clients with the highest possible level of service and holiday experience; monitored through the timely weekly collation of clients questionnaires and reacting accordingly. Welcome and acknowledge the clients and be prepared to converse with them.
- Overall responsibility for the hotel and vehicle maintenance.
- Overall control of the standards of service and cleanliness of the bar, kitchen and restaurant.
- Responsible for bedroom preparation and ensuring high levels of cleanliness are met throughout the hotel - client rooms, staff accommodation and public areas.
- Inspect quality of serviced rooms to ensure high standards of cleanliness and rectify if necessary.
- Management of linen stock and overseeing the laundry room cleaning stocks.
- Responsible for the management of staff – motivation, ongoing training, company’s disciplinary procedure, general welfare and hotel rota.
- Overall control of all budgets (bar, kitchen, general expenditure, etc.) and timely completion and delivery of all hotel departmental accounts and administrative paperwork.
- Lead and promote opportunities to maximise the hotels revenue, i.e. ski shop, bar and ad-hoc hotel bookings
- Overseeing client hotel transfers to and from airport and ski slopes.
- Overseeing hotel reservations system.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with all suppliers and contractors.
What we are looking for:
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- Be an inspirational, confident leader with previous experience in hotel, hospitality, customer service industries.
- Have an interest and aptitude to manage and motivate staff.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Have excellent computer skills (particularly Excel), organisation, accounting and administration skills.
- Must be confident in a pressured working environment.
- Full clean UK driving licence is essential and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions is desirable.
- French language skills are highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits
The package includes all food and accommodation, £230 per week (plus a potential top up dependent on qualifications, experience and skills), travel to and from UK to resort at the beginning and end of season, lift pass, ski and boot equipment (winter), medical insurance, uniform, Club Hotel bar discount, generous family and friends holiday discount and getting out and about in the mountains!
Plus BONUS scheme
This role has the potential to earn an end of season bonus based on all the above criteria, questionnaire results and successful completion of the season.