About the Role
We are actively seeking dynamic Hotel Managers with a high level of initiative and strong problem solving abilities to manage one of our superb chalet hotels located in top European ski resorts.
We offer these exceptional opportunities to confident, self-motivated managers with strong leadership skills and a commitment to provide outstanding customer service. You’ll have a wealth of experience from within the hotel, leisure or service industry to transfer to this new challenge.
You will manage the day-to-day running and operation of one of our hotels; maintain all Mark Warner standards, ensure the hotel meets health, safety and hygiene standards, achieve budget and maximise profitability whilst ensuring your team deliver first-class service to our guests.
- Assume overall responsibility and ownership for the effective, compliant and profitable running of the hotel
- Ensure the hotel meets local health, hygiene and safety standards
- Implement and maintain all standards & procedures laid out in the management manuals
- Retain a high profile presence with guests and staff
- Establish, develop and maintain professional working relationships with all department managers, local staff and external companies
- Develop your professional reputation within resort
- Manage and motivate your team to operate the hotel effectively
- Devise and implement pre-season and on-going training plans for your team
- Conduct staff reviews, appraisals and any disciplinary or grievance matters
- Monitor and control all hotel budgets, costs and monies
- Proactively increase hotel revenue
- Overall responsibility for accurate and timely financial reporting
Abilities and Skills
- Present a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Dynamic personality with exceptional stamina
- A passionate leader by example
- Ability to manage staff
- Calm, confident and professional
- Organised, flexible and proactive to achieve and improve standards
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Manage guest and staff conflict head on to avoid matters escalating
- At least 2 years’ management experience within the service industry
- Previous overseas seasonal experience in a supervisory role or a good understanding of the ski industry
- Excellent management and numerical skills
Package and Benefits
- Return travel to/from UK
- Medical insurance
- Comfortable accommodation
- All meals
- Discounted drinks and beauty treatments (dependent on resort)
- Lift pass, ski equipment hire and discounted lessons for beginners
- Smart uniform
- Holiday concessions for friends and family
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to work year-round
About Mark Warner
Mark Warner specialise in superb activity holidays to top ski resorts in Europe and beautiful beach locations in the Mediterranean. Our holidays are perfect for everyone from families, singles or couples to groups of friends.
Who We Are
With 40 years’ experience we have grown into one of the most highly regarded independent travel companies in the UK. We have received numerous accolades and are very proud to have recently been voted ‘Best Family Tour Operator, Best Activity & Adventure Operator, Best All Inclusive Operator’ and to win silver for ‘Best Ski Operator’.
We continue to be market leaders for family holidays and each year employ over 1,500 staff to work in our overseas resorts. With 50,000 clients travelling with us across our summer and winter programmes we see an incredible 40% rebook future holidays. Much of our success is attributed to the high quality of our staff and their dedication to outstanding customer service.
Looking for a Career or just a one-off Season?
Providing both winter and summer holiday packages puts us in a unique position to offer plenty of opportunities for career progression. Whether you’re looking for a short-term challenge or career development, Mark Warner offers a rewarding adventure and fantastic opportunities whatever path you choose.