Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet skiing at St Gervias/Megeve with 475 km of skiing. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, so you have direct access out onto the ski slopes and spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breadth of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
This is a position with a fantastic variety of involvement in the whole hotel and booking operation and a great opportunity for a recent graduate to add to their work experience. Duties include:
- Welcome and acknowledge the clients and be prepared to converse with them.
- Use your fluent French language skills to liaise with suppliers, booking enquires and provide general translation and interpretation services, both verbal and written.
- Manning the reception area; client check-in, answering the telephone, correspondence and general office duties on a rota basis.
- Manage and administer the booking system, airport transfers and departure invoices.
- Ordering, collecting and issuing client lift passes and completion of weekly ski pack accounts.
- Assist the management team with additional administrative tasks as required.
- Provide clients with exceptional customer service, handling any issues with courtesy and diplomacy.
- Respond to any general client requests such as providing local information, maintenance and housekeeping issues, restaurant reservations, onward travel, taxi transfers, foreign exchange, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of reception and surrounding areas, updating notice board displays and replenishment of client information literature.
- Ensure maintenance and housekeeping issues are reported according to protocol and duly completed.
- Liaise with suppliers, placing orders for relevant departments and checking deliveries as directed.
- Work well within the team and support other hotel operations when required which may include duties such as housekeeping, bar & kitchen.
What we are looking for
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- Fluency in French and English both written and verbal is essential.
- Previous experience in hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer, organisation and administration skills.
- You must be confident in a pressured working environment.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Food and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!