Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet between Chamonix and Megeve. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, with spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience a summer in the Alps.
You will not be afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as have a sense of fun!
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain excellent career building and teamwork skills working alongside like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to work abroad without having to fund yourself and get paid in the process!
This position has a fantastic variety of involvement in the whole hotel and booking operation. Duties include:
- Welcoming, acknowledging and conversing with the clients.
- Using your fluent French language skills to liaise with suppliers, manage booking enquires and provide general translation and interpretation services, both verbal and written.
- Running the reception area; client check-in, answering the telephone, correspondence and general office duties on a rota basis.
- Managing and administering the booking system, train station transfers and departure invoices.
- Providing clients with exceptional customer service, handling any issues with courtesy and diplomacy.
- Responding to any general client requests such as providing local information, maintenance and housekeeping issues, restaurant reservations, taxi transfers, foreign exchange, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of reception and surrounding areas, updating notice board displays and replenishment of client information literature.
- Ensuring maintenance and housekeeping issues are reported and duly completed.
- Liaising with suppliers, placing orders and checking deliveries.
- Working well within the team and supporting other hotel operations when required; which may include duties such as housekeeping, bar and kitchen duties.
What we are looking for
- Possession of a UK passport and UK home address is essential.
- A UK bank account and a UK National Insurance Number is essential.
- Fluency in French and English both written and verbal is essential to a high standard.
- Previous experience in hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer, organisation and administration skills.
- Confident working in a pressured working environment.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Food and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort (from/to UK only)
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- A local summer walker’s lift pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps