Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays!
We are looking for a Second Chef who would relish a position with the opportunity to ski/board, who is not afraid of hard work and has the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes, with a new chair lift and additional ski runs opening this season. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We have just been awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some great career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to be abroad without having to fund it yourself and you get paid in the process!
- Work collaboratively with the Head Chef to prepare and deliver wholesome and high standard meals for all clients and staff (including; buffet-style breakfast, homemade afternoon cakes and 4-course evening meal) within the allocated kitchen budget.
- Acting Head Chef Responsibilities once a week with additional coverage as required.
- Full responsibility for preparation of breakfast on a rota basis.
- Responsible for high levels of kitchen and food hygiene standards.
- Provide supervision and training in kitchen hygiene standards and health and safety to all staff involved in food preparation and kitchen/restaurant cleaning.
- Ensure kitchen and storage areas are clean and safe, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
What we are looking for:
- A UK resident (with UK home address) and an EU passport.
- Possession of a UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification is desirable.
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in kitchen, hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Previous experience in mentoring/training teams is desirable.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable
In addition to working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous friends and family holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!