Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet skiing at St Gervias/Megeve with 475 km of skiing. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, so you have direct access out onto the ski slopes and spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breadth of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
We are looking for a Second Chef who has a passion for mountains and would relish a postition in a hotel with doorstep skiing for maximum time on the slopes. Your team includes a Head Chef and two kitchen assistants.
- Work as a team with the Head Chef to prepare and deliver wholesome and high standard meals for all clients and staff (buffet-style breakfast, homemade afternoon cakes, 4-course evening meal - within the allocated kitchen budget.
- Acting Head Chef Responsibilities once a week and additional coverage as required.
- Full responsibility for preparation of breakfast on a rota basis.
- Responsible for high levels of kitchen and food hygiene standards.
- Provide supervision and training in kitchen hygiene standards and health and safety to all staff involved in food preparation and kitchen/restaurant cleaning.
- To ensure kitchen and storage areas are clean and safe, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
What we are looking for:
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification is desirable.
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in kitchens, hospitality and customer service industries is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills is essential.
- Previous experience in mentoring/training teams desirable.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Highly competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!