Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays!
We are looking for a Second Chef who would relish a position with the opportunity to ski/board, who is not afraid of hard work and has the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
The Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes, with a new chair lift and additional ski runs opening this season. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We have just been awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some great career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to be abroad without having to fund it yourself and you get paid in the process!
- Work collaboratively with the Head Chef to prepare and deliver wholesome and high standard meals for all clients and staff (including; buffet-style breakfast, homemade afternoon cakes and 4-course evening meal) within the allocated kitchen budget.
- Acting Head Chef Responsibilities once a week with additional coverage as required.
- Full responsibility for preparation of breakfast on a rota basis.
- Responsible for high levels of kitchen and food hygiene standards.
- Provide supervision and training in kitchen hygiene standards and health and safety to all staff involved in food preparation and kitchen/restaurant cleaning.
- Ensure kitchen and storage areas are clean and safe, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
What we are looking for:
- An EU passport and possession of a UK National Insurance number.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification is desirable.
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in kitchen, hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Previous experience in mentoring/training teams is desirable.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable
In addition to working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous friends and family holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!