About the job
Job Title: Luxury Travel Consultant
- Working hours: Monday – Friday / full time / Some Saturday shifts from November to March
- Location: London office
- Starting salary: Pro-rata £25,000-£28,000pa based on experience
- Plus competitive individual and team commission.
Our Travel Consultants are passionate about travel and skiing (in particular), highly experienced, sociable, target driven and customer focused.
- Do you want to put your knowledge of the resorts and the ski industry to full use?
- Do you have an excellent telephone manners, and could you talk about your passion for skiing and the mountains all day long?
About the company:
Powder Byrne is an award-winning luxury travel specialist with over 35 years’ of experience delivering high quality winter, summer and adventure family holidays.
Well known for luxury family skiing in Switzerland, Austria, Italy and Japan, Powder Byrne is a specialist operator that offers exceptional in-resort services, exclusive children’s programmes and travel solutions for wealthy families and individuals. We are a British-Swiss brand which is focused on quality, personalised communications and delivering our famous ‘Everything is possible’ service.
Powder Byrne is part of a wider selection of luxury service brands, including a Polo Club, a Japanese travel business and a luxury property business.
Powder Byrne is looking for a Luxury Travel Consultant to join our experienced sales team. This role is well-suited for a person who is able to work well managing a high workload and delivering targets to hit tight deadlines. You will have the ability to work alone and have the drive to build a strong portfolio of clients. This will involve growing a database of potential opportunities, creating individual proposals and being proactive at hitting sales targets whilst still providing a professional personal service.
The responsibilities and duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building a strong client base through proactive communication and strong sales pitches
- Taking holiday enquiries by phone and via e-mail through our website
- Listening to clients’ requirements and advising them on suitable holiday destinations
- Checking availability with hotels
- Producing tailor made quotes, recommendations and itineraries
- Holding and recommending flights on Smartpoint or airline websites
- Supporting Client Concierge in after sales for your clients
- Booking holiday extras such as ski instruction, car hire, spa treatments, babysitting
- Working towards individual and team targets
- Liaising with resort staff and other departments where necessary
- Opportunities to work in a resort for short periods of time during peak weeks
Technical Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of sales or customer relationship experience
- Experience working in the luxury travel or tourism industry is ideal
- A keen skier and traveller is ideal
- Sales and target orientated, with a track record in proactive sales
- A well-grounded knowledge of destinations worldwide would be beneficial
- Good ski experience / knowledge (whether through selling or from personal experience)
- Working knowledge of Smartpoint and other CRS’s an advantage (training will be provided)
- Hospitality or customer care experience
- German languages desirable, but not necessary
- As a key member of the Sales Team you will be an enthusiastic team player, and have the confidence and charisma to work in a high-pressure environment, working with demanding clients
- Self-motivated with drive and initiative.
- You should possess excellent communication, influencing and client management skills
- You will be tenacious, hard working, and have a good understanding of how to provide high-quality results in a service-orientated position
- A well-grounded knowledge of skiing, travel and destinations would be beneficial
If you believe we are a company that would suit your likes, skills, experience and expertise, we would be delighted if you would apply for this position.