MAINTENANCE & LOGISTICS job description – Val d’Isère / 3 Valleys
We are looking for bright, hardworking and organised individuals to join the Ski France team to help run our chalets in the French Alps and give our guests the best holidays we can.
Summary of Ski France Offer –
This was a new concept to replace the traditional catered chalet holidays. It is primarily aimed at the British market but the same chalets will still be sold to the French market on a self-catered basis.
The chalets are ready on arrival with beds made, fridges stocked, ski equipment booked and lift passes delivered. We prepare everything behind the scenes so the guests don’t see us but we’ll be a phone call away for anything they need. We will be providing them with the best possible service.
The guests can choose if they want the ‘contactless catered’ option or the ‘self-catered’ option.
Contactless catered – consists of breakfast, afternoon tea and 3 course dinner provided. Most meals are already cooked (eg beef bourguignon) and just need to be heated in oven/on hob by guests. Some dishes need to be prepared by guests (eg goat’s cheese salad starter).
Self-catered – guests are provided with a checklist of things that we will purchase on their behalf from the supermarket. We do one pre-arrival shop for them.
Overview of the role -
As the maintenance & logistics assistant, you will be responsible for providing multifaceted support to ensure the smooth functioning of our chalets. This dynamic role encompasses maintenance tasks, logistics assistance, food deliveries and housekeeping responsibilities. Along with your team, you will be doing everything possible to ensure the guests have an excellent holiday with us.
- Helping with start & end of season: inventories, snow clearing, clean/fill-up/maintain hot tubs & spas, helping with housekeeping (inside and outside the chalets), and ensuring chalets are ready to receive guests and being handed back to owners.
- Maintenance and facilities support
- Conducting routine inspections of chalets to identify maintenance issues promptly and addressing them
- Performing repairs and maintenance tasks and coordinating with external contractors as needed for specialized repairs or maintenance
- Regular inspecting and cleaning of hot tubs/spas to and monitoring of chemical levels, water and temperature
- Clearing snow from driveways, walkways and entrances (utilizing shovels, snow blowers and ice melt)
- Logistics assistance and food deliveries
- Assisting with the coordination and organisation of logistical tasks, including inventory management, equipment maintenance and procurement of necessary supplies
- Supporting and helping the transportation of staff, supplies and food to and from the chalets as required
- Verifying the accuracy and quality of delivered items and reporting any issues
- Properly storing and rotating perishable items (emptying fridges and trash when necessary)
- Assisting with the loading / unloading of deliveries, ensuring accurate and timely distribution of goods to guests
- Shopping support: picking up shopping from designated stores & ensuring accurate delivery, properly storing and organising delivered shopping items
- Housekeeping assistance (on changeover day)
- Assisting, with general housekeeping tasks in chalets and the preparation of guest’s accommodations
- Organising and carrying linens bags, toiletries, trash etc.
- Keeping your vehicle spotless and cleaned
- Careful driving in sometimes difficult and snowy conditions
- Previous experience in a similar multifaceted role, preferably in a hospitality or property management setting
- Strong knowledge and skills in general maintenance work
- Good organizational abilities to manage logistics, inventory and supplies effectively
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently in emergency situations
- Attention to detail and commitment to cleanliness and hygiene standards
- Familiarity with food handling and storage practices is desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with guests and staff
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, maintaining a positive and professional attitude
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including week-ends and holidays
- Valid driver’s licence (held for a minimum of 2 years) and ability to drive in snow conditions
- Good English and/or French spoken skills
Work conditions –
- Based in the French Alps
- 5-month contract under French law
- From early December to end of April
- 39 hours / week + 2 days off
- Shared bedroom & bathroom
Please note you will be living with other staff members and are expected to responsibly maintain and clean your accommodation, fostering a tidy and respectful living environment for all. Additionally, a cleaning rota will be implemented for the common areas and you will be expected to actively participate and contribute to the cleanliness and upkeep of these shared spaces.