If hosting isn’t for you but you want to work a season in the mountains - maintenance is always a good role to choose. You’ll need some skills at any sort of technical trade – not necessarily to a professional level, but you need to be able to turn your hand to most things and in particular plumbing, electrics and carpentry. You’ll also need to have a great personality, have plenty to talk about and a commitment to deliver fantastic customer service to our guests.
We have a strong team in resort and we take pride in our staff and the high quality service they provide – we expect you to work hard and be committed to delivering these levels of quality and in return we provide you with all the tools and support you need to make this task as easy as possible, with plenty of piste time guaranteed and a competitive remuneration package so you can make the most of your season.
Why Choose Time of Your Life Travel?
We take pride in our staff and the high quality service they provide – we expect you to work hard and be committed to delivering these levels of quality. There will be plenty of piste time through the season and a competitive remuneration package so you can make the most of your winter season with us! We are a small business that has been running for 30 years. We are also have a small full time team that would love to welcome you into the family.
Spending your winter as a seasonaire will be one of your best experiences. You meet friends for life, improve on your skiing with plenty of slope time and you’ll take home so many memories and transferable skills!
Reporting to the Operations Director you must have strong “handyman” skills as you will be responsible for day to day general maintenance of the chalets or other equipment in resort. It is essential to be customer focused and to ensure repairs are carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible to maintain customer satisfaction. Although no professional qualifications are necessary candidates must be capable of:
- Basic Plumbing
- Electrical Tasks
- All Types of “Fix-it” Jobs
On changeover days, you will be a primary transfer driver as part of the team driving clients to and from our accommodation, airports and railway stations – you must therefore be an exceptionally confident driver, happy to be out and about transporting guests all over the Alps !
Skills and Experience Required
- Good DIY skills and some technical specialist in plumbing, electrics or carpentry
- Confident driver with two years’ experience driving in relation to your job over the last 10 years
- Some French language skills is an advantage although not essential
- Competitive basic salary paid in the UK
- All expenses paid food and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the season from a London airport
- Fully paid training
- A benefits package for seasonal staff ski pass, equipment rental and medical insurance
- Work uniform
- Two days off per week
- Holiday accrued as per French rules
- All applicants must be over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes)
- Be resident and working in the UK with an existing permanent NI number and tax record
Our season starts with fully paid training prior to the season, this means you must be available to start on 11th November 2019. We also like our staff to complete the full experience of a winter season in the mountains and therefore you need to be able to work up until 30th April 2020.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
The Time of Your Life "Ski Amis" brand Team