The role of the resort assistant is two-fold. One of your main responsibilities will be to manage weekly changeovers in our self-catered apartments; occasionally providing a meet & greet service and ensuring the guests have everything they need to make the most of their stay.
You will also be providing essential support to the rest of the team during the week; assisting with daily housekeeping and weekly changeovers in our larger properties and providing day-off cover in our fully catered chalets. On occasion you may also be required to host evening service alongside a chef in one of our luxury B&B chalets.
This is a varied role and one which requires an ability to work efficiently and independently. Your workload with vary from week-to-week, with some weeks of the season being much more demanding on your time than others.
As a guideline your role will include:
What we are looking for ...
All candidates must:
- Hold an EU passport and have the right to work in the UK;
- Offer extremely high levels of reliability, independence and confidence at work;
- Be very flexible around working hours and job descriptions as the routine will vary throughout the season;
- Show enthusiasm for our product;
- Want to work as part of a small, passionate team;
- Be able to work autonomously and contribute to developing the product we offer;
- Readily take on feedback where improvements in their performance can be made;
- Have a personable attitude and a very good ability to communicate with team members and employers.
What we offer ...
- Better than market-average salary
- Performance related rolling bonus on top of salary
- High quality accommodation within walking distance of the chalets and town centre
- Season lift pass
- Medical emergency insurance
- Generous food budget
- Airport transfers
- Ski or snowboard equipment
- Uniform (jacket, fleece & polo shirts)
- Extensive pre-season training