Resort Manager - Courchevel, Meribel, Val d'Isere, St Anton
Are you a Confident and Ambitious Leader with the ability to motivate a strong Team?
If so, we would like to speak to you about becoming one of our Resort Managers - representing Powder White and heading up a team of staff from the front.
The role of Resort Manager brings with it an incredibly rewarding experience. There is no doubt that it is extremely hard work, however, the skills learnt during a winter with us will enable you to take on all manner of situations, both good and bad.
Being overall responsible for the smooth running of all operations of your resort, you will lead a team (of up to 28 members) and be the primary link between guests and Powder White. Your aim will be to ensure uniformity of the Service & Product, whilst dealing with guest requests & issues, ensuring we exceed expectations at every opportunity.
So what does the Role Involve?
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities of a Resort Manager fall within the following lines:
Resort & Overall Operational Management
- Managing day to day operations, overseeing changeover and transfer operations.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of resort set-up and close-down in accordance with London Office requirements, coordinating property handovers and hand-backs and resort logistics surrounding this.
Guest Welfare & Product
- Quality control on all aspects of the product, including catering, cleanliness and general customer care – this duty will find you completing regular chalet visits and supervising during service times.
- General customer welfare and follow-up; responding to customer feedback in resort and acting, with the necessary sense of urgency in solving issues for your guest and dealing with issues & complaints. Providing detailed reports accordingly. Helping to deal with any concerns and complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner
Staff Management & Welfare
- Participation in the start of season Chalet Host training and, thereafter, ongoing recruitment and training, over the course of the season.
- Ensuing continual motivation, welfare, discipline and the overall success of your team.
- Formulating weekly rotas, ensuring cover is always provided within chalets.
- Heading up weekly Team & Account meetings and attending Manifest meetings held by your Chalet Manager(s).
Suppliers, Ski Packs & Other Relationship Management
- Maintaining and developing excellent supplier and owner/agent relationships through good regular communication and use of local language.
- Overall responsibility for all Chalet and Resort accounts, working to set budgets and managing over-expenditure where relevant.
- Acting as a main signatory on, and taking responsibility for, the resort bank account and any monies held in resort
- Implementing a resort sales strategy to achieve/exceed ski pack targets (Ski Packs, Ski Hire, Tuition) with the help of your Chalet Manager.
- Overseeing ski pack supplier relationships and weekly reconciliations
What Experience & Qualities Do You Need?
- An excellent track record of team management and leadership
- The ability of being able to work independently, using a forward thinking approach and initiative to problem solving.
- Excellent customer service experience
- An ability to stay calm and level-headed under pressure in a variety of different situations, whilst retaining a positive and professional disposition throughout.
- A strong, confident (not arrogant!) personality, whilst remaining personable, approachable and able to drive the team forward in reaching and exceeding all expectations.
- Computer literacy in all areas of Microsoft Office (including Excel) and the ability to be at ease with new IT systems.
- Excellent account and budgeting skills, and able to apply the, all very important, attention to detail.
- Previous Skiing industry experience desirable but not essential.
- A good sense of humour!
All applicants must have:
- EU/UK passport with UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- A clean driver's license (for insurance reasons, all applicants will need to be over the age of 23)
- A very good command of spoken French or German - we mean this!
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we will offer this for you.