Resort Manager - 3 Valley & St Anton
Are you a Confident and Ambitious Leader with the ability to Motivate a strong Team?
If so, we would like to speak to you about becoming one of our Resort Managers- representing Powder White and heading up a team of staff from the front.
The role of Resort Manager brings with it an incredibly rewarding experience. There is no doubt that it is extremely hard work, however, the skills learnt during a winter with us will enable you to take on all manner of situations, both good and bad.
Being overall responsible for the smooth running of all operations of your resort, you will lead a team (of up to 28 members) and be the primary link between guests and Powder White. Your aim will be to ensure uniformity of the Service & Product, whilst dealing with guest requests & issues, ensuring we exceed expectations at every opportunity.
So what does the Role Involve?
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities of a Resort Manager fall within the following lines:
- Managing day to day operations, overseeing changeover and transfer operations.
- Quality control on all aspects of the product, including catering, cleanliness and general customer care – this duty will find you completing regular chalet visits and supervising during service times.
- Customer welfare and follow-up; responding to customer feedback in resort and acting, with the necessary sense of urgency in solving issues for your guest and dealing with complaints. Providing detailed reports accordingly.
- Participation in the start of season Chalet Host training and, thereafter, ongoing recruitment and training, over the course of the season.
- Ensuring continual motivation, welfare, discipline and the overall success of your team.
- Overall responsibility for all Chalet and Resort accounts, working to set budgets and managing over-expenditure where relevant.
- Maximising in resort ski packs sales for lift passes, ski school & ski hire.
- Deliver lift passes in a timely manner, securing in-resort payments and administration thereof.
- Overseeing ski pack supplier relationships and weekly reconciliations, reporting weekly on figures achieved against set targets.
What Experience & Qualities Do You Need?
- An excellent track record of team management and leadership
- The ability to be able to work independently, using a forward-thinking approach and initiative to problem-solving.
- Excellent customer service experience
- An ability to stay calm and level-headed under pressure in a variety of different situations, whilst retaining a positive and professional disposition throughout.
- A strong, confident (not arrogant!) personality, whilst remaining personable, approachable and able to drive the team forward in reaching and exceeding all expectations.
- Computer literacy in all areas of Microsoft Office (including Excel) and the ability to be at ease with new IT systems.
- Excellent account and budgeting skills.
- All very important, attention to detail.
- Previous Skiing industry experience desirable but not essential.
- A good sense of humour!
All applicants must have:
- EU/UK passport with UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- A clean driver's license (for insurance reasons, all applicants will need to be over the age of 23)
- A very good command of spoken French or German - we mean this!
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we will offer this for you.
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Powder White team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the Industry's fastest growing, forward-thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
Send your CV to email@example.com or apply using the link below!