Do you have a passion for the mountains and have great management skills? Apply now for Ski Amis’ Resort Manager Position. You’ll need proven supervisory experience, good people management and team building skills. You’ll also need to have a great personality, have plenty to talk about and a commitment to deliver fantastic customer service to our guests.
We have a strong team in resort and we take pride in our staff and the high quality service they provide – we expect you to work hard and be committed to delivering these levels of quality and in return we provide you with all the tools and support you need to make this task as easy as possible, with plenty of piste time guaranteed and a competitive remuneration package so you can make the most of your season.
The Resort Managers will be based in the fabulous Three Valleys area of France. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for all the chalets and staff in your resort. You will be ensuring the service is delivered to guests according to company guidelines in a cost-effective way and be in charge of general day to day management of your individual teams.
On a day-to-day basis, the Resort Manager is responsible for:
- Monitoring and managing staff performance
- Ensuring the chalets are operated in the right way according to company procedures
- You will be the contact point for all guests
- Dealing with first-line complaints and problems
- Dealing with external suppliers for self-catered accommodation, ski passes, lessons and equipment rental
- Resort administration
- Weekly stock counting
- Chalet maintenance
- Inventory replenishments
- Food shopping
- Sourcing supplies, petty cash, sale of resort services and minibar sales
- On changeover days, he/she will coordinate all arrivals including greeting the guests in the chalets and dealing with their ski passes and equipment rental requirements
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven team management experience and leadership skills
- Excellent administration, organisational and motivational skills
- Experience of the holiday industry – ideally experience of previous ski seasons with a quality catered chalet company or management of a summer holiday business such as a campsite
- Experience of dealing with the public in a customer service oriented environment
- Must be a confident driver with a clean license held for more than 2 years
- French language skills is a big advantage, but not essential
- Competitive package
- All expenses paid accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the season from a London airport
- Work uniform
- Fully paid training
All applicants MUST be over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes), have held a full EU driving licence for more than two years and be resident and working in the UK with an existing permanent NI number and tax record. You must be available for a face-to-face interview at our head office in Maidstone, Kent.
You MUST be available to work for the full length of the contract - with a start date of 7thNovember 2018 and an end date of 30thApril 2019.