The Alpine Generation are currently recruiting for a Resort Manager for Winter 23/24 in La Plagne!
Our Resort Managers take overall responsibility for the day-to-day activities of The Alpine Generation in their resort, and are required to deliver the highest standard of customer service, maintain consistency across our chalets, and effectively manage the hosting team.
The day to day role varies, but over the course of a week you can expect to be involved in all aspects of staff management and customer relationships. Prior to guest arrival you will provide your hosting team with the relevant guest information for their incoming guests and ensure correct provisioning is in place. On arrival day, our management team welcome all guests personally, and visit during the week to ensure guest satisfaction. Any guest issues throughout the week will need to be addressed professionally and dealt with efficiently.
Resort Managers will oversee the host team and be responsible for their performance, motivation, welfare and development. We expect our managers to be hands-on and ready to offer assistance and lead by example. You will be required to inspect chalets regularly to check cleanliness and chalet set up is up to standard, and ensure the quality of food being produced and the service provided by the chalet hosts. Additional duties will include creating host rotas, overseeing chalet budges and expenditure, managing stock control and ensuring compliance with regulations. Occasionally you may be required to cover chalet shifts in the event of absence.
Previous winter season experience operating a catered chalet
People management experience (customers and staff), ideally in a chalet, hospitality or catering environment
- Candidates must be aged 21 or over
- A good level of spoken and written French
Additionally you will need:
- Confidence and ability in the kitchen - We are looking for a capable cook, with the ability to oversee the catering standards within resort
- Excellent organisational skill and efficiency
- A keen interest in people, whether this be our guests or your hosting team
- High performance standards - You should be determined to perform all aspects of your role to the highest possible standards; and be able to motivate your team to do the same.
- A good level of physical fitness and stamina
- And of course a love of skiing or boarding!
Exact package details are discussed at interview, however here are some of the benefits you can expect to receive whilst working your season with us:
- Competitive salary
- Ski or board equipment rental
- Arrival airport transfer to resort
- Meals on shift
- 2 days off per week, plus extra days off during the season
- Work permits and visa assistance for UK passport holders
- Discounted stays for family & friends
Eligibility to Work in France:
Ideal candidates will already have the right to live and work in France (for example an EU Passport, French residency via Carte de Séjour, or a working holiday visa from Australia or New Zealand).
UK passport holders will be considered where substantial experience is evident. UK passport holders now require a work permit and long-stay visa to work in France for the full season; The Alpine Generation will apply for work permits for successful candidates and provide assistance with the visa process.