Family Ski Company specialises in providing catered chalet holidays with a flexible programme of childcare and the Resort Manager is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of every aspect of a prestige ski resort.
We are paying above the industry average with private accomodation and lift pass included
Responding calmly to changing circumstances and maintaining team morale and guest satisfaction is an essential part of the job, Resort Managers must set and maintain high standards whilst ensuring their team have the necessary resources, skills and support to carry out their jobs in a happy and professional environment.
Key duties of role
- To have overall responsibility for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the resort.
- To effectively manage, direct and support the resort team with responsibility for their motivation and performance.
- To quality control all aspects of the Family Ski Company service in resort, ensuring that Family Ski standards of customer service are being upheld in all areas.
- To provide a key point of communication between the resort and the Operations Team/ UK Office team.
- To regularly liaise with guests from the moment they arrive into resort to the moment they leave, ensuring guest satisfaction with all aspects of their holiday.
- To ensure that resort paperwork is being completed and to work with the Operations Administrator to ensure that resort accounts are correct.
- To be proactive in identifying service improvements and to be flexible in responding to changing circumstances.
Who do we look for?
Resort Managers are expected to be approachable, responsible and diplomatic leaders.
The position involves a great deal of organisation and planning whilst at the same time daily contact with the guests and resort team, so strong people management skills and leadership ability combined with excellent communication skills are essential.
- A confident leader who can keep calm under pressure with an energetic and positive outlook
- Proven experience in a personnel managerial role is essential
- Experience of the hospitality industry and in providing excellent customer service
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- To be proactive and to have excellent problem solving ability
- Good working knowledge of French is preferred
Requirements and Preferences
- It is required that you hold a full Driving Licence
- Due to the nature of our business all employees must hold a recent DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) or Criminal Record check - we can assist with this process.
Our Resort Managers join us prior to the start of the season to fully acquaint you with our processes and your resorts ensuring that you are fully prepared ahead of your teams and our guests joining us.
We provide first aid training and level 2 hygiene to every member of our team.
We offer a very competitive wage as well as:
- A full season lift pass
- Insurance that covers skiing accidents and emergency medical cover (optional)
- Ski equipment for the full season
- Accommodation included
- One and a half days off per week (this is more than the standard single day most companies offer as well as staggered shifts allowing for skiing around work duties)
We have an excellent reputation in the industry for treating our teams very well and with great respect