Join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains.
Our teams are based in Val Thorens, Les Menuires (3 Valleys) Les Gets, La Plagne, Tignes & Val d'Isère, France.
We accept applications from both UK and EU passport holders.
Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
As the face of Ski Famille you will be our key intermediary between guests. Your role is primarily to facilitate an enjoyable and smooth guest experience for all our traveling guests.
You will be fully responsible for everything that occurs within the chalets within your resort and managing and motivating your team. You will also be expected to work closely with the Resort Childcare Manager to ensure our product is being delivered cohesively in all resorts.
This is a very diverse role and includes everything from staff management and motivation to stock-control, guest welfare and overseeing chalet maintenance. It is an involved position requiring a high level of energy, commitment and a proactive approach.
This position is ideally suited to an experienced manager (ideally from the travel or hospitality sectors) looking for their next step up in a small business dedicated to providing a high level of service.
Resort Manager Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent carefree holiday to all traveling guests, by providing regular chalet visits
- Managing, motivating, and overseeing the chalet team including pastoral care during their employment
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in everything that you do
- Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities and revenue streams and sales opportunities to make their holiday fun, trouble free and generating revenue for Ski Famille
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost.
- Co-ordinate and effectively and efficiently manage all guest arrivals and departures on Transfer day
- Maintaining and developing working relationships with all our key suppliers, ie chalet owners and ski schools
- Develop a close working relationship with UK colleagues especially Customer Services and Accounts and respond professionally and promptly to any and all information requests.
- Undertake all company paperwork including regular H & S checks professionally and clearly.
- Take full responsibility for all company provided IT services and phones
- Take full responsibility for all company provided vehicles and the paperwork requirements around this parameter
- Take full responsibility for any company cash and the recording and safekeeping of this at all times
- Undertake regular staff accommodation checks and manage concerns efficiently
- Undertake weekly chalet checks and monitor, manage and provide feedback to the chalet team concerning chalet standards. Working with your line manager providing training ‘in situe’ if required too.
- In cooperation with the company catering manager, place weekly food, chalet supplies, linen and wine orders, being mindful to careful stock control and management of resources
- Control all your teams working hours and the legal recording of this.
- Ensuring all guests receive any pre ordered ski extras (ski passes/equipment etc) and driving sales on any local opportunities within this parameter.
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in high end hospitality delivery with a critical eye for detail
- Driving experience, ideally of vehicles bigger than cars and ‘on the wrong side of the road’
- Great self-motivation and organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible, enthusiastic, approachable, and diplomatic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
- Experience of managing a young team in a foreign environment
- A proactive problem solver especially when under pressure
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (November until end of April)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (held for at least 2 years)
- Age 21 or over (age restrictions apply due to the insurance on vehicles)
- Most nationalities but please see our applicant eligibility criteriaFind your dream ski job in the Alps with Ski Famille
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- We require all staff to obtain a police-check such as the UK DBS and we will take up at least two references
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical cover
Contribution to travel from home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Optional accommodation for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced price Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- The chance to kick-start your career in hospitality and travel
- Make friends for life
- A fantastic life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you. Apply today by clicking "Apply Now" and sending your CV and a covering letter.
Please note, we welcome (& actively encourage!) applications from couples or friends for all our roles