We are recruiting for a Manager in our Swiss resort of Lauterbrunnen. The sucessful candidate must have a British passport or already have the right to work in the UK to be seconded to Switzerland.
The Resort Manager is responsible for running one of our own chalet-hotels, and for managing a team of staff in resort. It is your job to ensure that our guests are not on just another ski holiday and to make sure they have a true ‘Ski Miquel Experience’.
This role is perfect for someone who is customer-focused, with great interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
If you are prepared for hard work and long hours, then you will be rewarded with a job that gives you plenty of time on the mountain, as well as being able to interact with our guests, making it ideal for someone who is outgoing and loves meeting new people.
The following is an outline of the principal tasks that are expected of our Resort Managers:
- Producing the weekly team rota to ensure the fair division of workload.
- Overseeing the transfer of guests to and from the airport on each changeover day.
- Organising all ski pack requirements (either pre-booked or sold on the transfer coach).
- Quality control - Making sure that the chalet-hotel is kept up to the required Ski Miquel standard, which includes the bedrooms, public lounges, dining room and kitchen.
- Ski Hosting - Providing a 5-day hosting programme (to Ski Miquel guidelines).
- Providing activities in resort and entertainment during the guests’ holiday, and to generally ensure their stay is an enjoyable experience.
- Liaison with resort suppliers.
- Staff supervision, ensuring all resort staff are punctual, well-presented, polite, and working to their full potential.
- Dealing with any guest queries or complaints in a timely manner.
- Reporting any maintenance issues to the relevant people in resort to resolve them asap.
- Completing resort paperwork, including accounting to Ski Miquel standards, and following any instructions given.
- Reporting any major issues or concerns back to the UK team as and when they occur.
- Friendly and engaging
- Team player
- Able to inspire team confidence
- A good motivator
- High attention to detail
- Well presented
- Previous team management experience
- Previous hospitality experience
- Very experienced skier
- Must be computer literate
- Foreign language (preferred)
Essential Employment Requirements:
- Must have a UK passport, or must already have the right to work in the UK.
- Fluent English speaker to communicate with staff and guests