Where: Meribel/Courchevel, France.
When: From mid November 2023 to early May 2024
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the smooth running of the in-resort operations. Ensuring that guests' needs are catered for and staff sufficiently supported
- Creates a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests and staff
- Is available to answer any questions, or resolve any problems that the guests may have, always aiming to do whatever they reasonably can to ensure that guests have the best possible holiday. To enable this, is knowledgeable about the resort, its facilities, the Purple Summer or Purple
- On changeover days, helps ensure a smooth transition between guests and ensures staff are organised and prepared
- Willing to assist in Villas/Chalets as an extra set of hands at any point needed in order to ensure the smooth running of the business
- During periods in between seasons, provide support to other facets of the Riviera Restaurants & Luxury company which may include being involved in the London office and restaurants.
- Through unannounced inspections and also while working in villas/chalets, ensures that day to day service standards relating to the quality of food, housekeeping, hygiene, health and safety, personal presentation and childcare are maintained in the villas/chalets at all times. Also ensuring that guest services and amenities are all provided to the required standard and specification. Ensures that appropriate and timely feedback is given to those concerned as required.
- Determines and assigns tasks to staff for periods of reduced workload, e.g., relief staff and nannies if no babysitting /childcare is required.
- Supports the delivery of start of season training and leads in the delivery of ongoing training.
- Supports the formal review and performance appraisal of staff throughout the season and at the end of the season, also helping to organise staff events.
- Helps ensure effective communications within the team - including:
-organising and leading periodic meetings of the whole team or parts of the team as required
-preparing and delivering communications relating to guests, special occasions and events etc.
-organising staff social events (whether paid for by Purple Summer/Purple Ski or informal)
-Deals with first level staff disciplinary issues and grievances.
- Supports in the identification and recruitment of replacement staff during the season if necessary, also the training/induction of new starters
- Supports all activities associated with the opening and closing of all chalets and staff apartments as necessary
- Provides other assistance as requested by Managing Director or Operations Director
- Participates in periodic management team meetings as required to review and improve operational performance.
- Oversees the weekly rota, helping ensure that workload is fairly attributed across the team and updates any changes throughout the week
- Processes guest feedback, logging this into the feedback spreadsheet and ensuring that notes useful for the future are updated to the Purple Summer or Purple Ski guest database. Passes the feedback on to staff, commenting as appropriate to recognize excellence and investigating and following up on any issues as required. Helps Operations Director to respond to guests appropriately.
- Keeping a record of weekly spend and implementing controls over any overspending that might be occurring. Scanning receipts weekly to the forward to the accountant.
- Throughout the season, monitors and responds to call-outs regarding damage, breakages and breakdowns for all Purple Summer Villas and Purple Ski chalets and property and where possible carries out or organises repairs promptly
- Maintains a log of all repairs and renewals, provides reports on status regularly and accounts for their cost.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Full driving licence
- Must have a great eye for detail and be highly organised
- Resourceful, creative and practical when problem solving
- Prior hands-on experience in the hotel and catering industry in waitering/waitressing and/ or cleaning/housekeeping roles is highly desirable.
- management experience in a similar setting highly desirable
- Self-motivated. Takes the initiative. Can operate effectively with little direction.
- Sets and maintains high standards for themselves in all aspects of their work. Takes pride in work. Conscientious and reliable.
- Honest, has integrity. Trustworthy
- Calm under pressure
- Customer orientated
- Outgoing, sociable and hospitable. Communicates effectively with people from all backgrounds, whether guests, staff, or suppliers.
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Works effectively as part of a team, but also alone
- Resilient (hours can be long and work physically demanding) and flexible in attitude and approach to hours worked
- Highly organised. Can effectively manage and deliver results even in situations with several (sometimes conflicting!) priorities
- Professional in manner and appearance at all times