PROFESSIONAL CHALET CHEF required
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic chef with a proven professional background in cheffing, to manage the gourmet dining experience in one of our chalets, as well as helping around the chalet. You will work alongside a chalet host, and between the two of you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of one of our three chalets.
The chef will be professionally trained, with proven experience in restaurants, and be able to cook to a very high standard for anything up to 12 guests, six days of the week, throughout the season. The food should be presented beautifully, and work within a specific budget. You will almost certainly be working in a cheffing role now or at least in the very recent past.
We have a strong reputation for food and genuine personal service, and you will be expected to maintain, and improve it!Your duties include:
- Creating a weekly menu to include breakfast, afternoon tea, and a 4-course evening meal 6 days a week (including cheese course)
- Preparing, cooking and presenting breakfast and dinner to a very high standard
- Canapés or amuse-bouche at least twice a week
- Offering warm hospitality and looking after guests during their stay
- Responsibility for maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the chalet kitchen
- Maintaining and observing all hygiene, health and safety standards
Non-cooking duties to be shared with the chalet host
- Clearing snow and ice from around the chalet
- Weekly cleaning of chalet on change-over day, preparing for the arrival of new guests
- Cleaning and maintaining the hot tub
- Preparing kindling and laying and lighting fires most evenings
- Occasional driving of guests in company courtesy minibus to and from ski lifts
- Help with daily cleaning as required
- Ad-hoc other duties as required
You will require restaurant cheffing experience, or hold a cooking diploma, as well as holding all relevant UK health and safety certificatesYou will have an outgoing personality, be able to interact with guests of all ages and nationalities, be friendly, happy and smiling.You will also be conscientious and be able to work on your own initiative.
You will need a passport, a UK National Insurance Number, and a UK bank account. And ideally you will hold a clean, valid drivers’ licence and be over the age of 25 (for car insurance purposes).
We offer a very strong package for the right staff:
- Unlike many cheffing roles in restaurants, you get a lot of ski time (5 days out of 7)
- Weekly wage (paid monthly to a UK bank account)
- Additional end of season £500 performance related bonus (pro rata-ed for time in role – so £300 for mid-season start)
- 5% commission on any staff-generated bookings (can be worth £1,000s!)
- Access to customer tips – can be up to €300 per week per chalet
- Operation of chalet honesty bar – profits for staff, up to €100 per week per chalet
- Staff accommodation
- Travel to and from a UK airport to the resort
- All relevant pre-season training
- Occasional access to company vehicles for private use
- Full Paradiski (Les Arcs and La Plagne) season lift pass
- Specialist ski insurance
- All meals, taken at the chalet
- One day off per week
- Ski hire equipment, if required
- Subsidised ski lessons (in low season)
- Access to free wifi, TV, Xbox360/Wii
- The chance to experience a great, French ski resort and live in the mountains for a few months!