This is a position with a fantastic variety of involvement with the client skiing experience. Duties include:
Note: The list of following tasks will not be the responsibility of one person; they will be split between the ski team.
- Welcome and acknowledge the clients and be prepared to converse with them.
- Organise the social skiing and provide snow reports for the clients.
- Keep up to date on weather conditions in order to plan the weekly ski programme efficiently and safely.
- Responsible for the in-house ski shop (open every day before and after skiing and arrival days) – ski equipment fitting on client’s arrival, servicing and organising of ski returns and storage.
- Responsible for ski shop opening hours cover through the staff rota (in conjunction with the Hotel Manager).
- Responsible for stock control ensuring all are accounted for and completing weekly sales and revenue reports.
- Responsible for maintaining ski shop cleanliness and ensure ski servicing maintenance issues are reported.
- Plan, organise and advertise ski stocks and servicing details to maximise revenue.
- Responsible for the compliance of health and safety policies in relation to ski servicing machines, ski equipment and vehicles.
- Responsible for transporting the clients and staff safely to and from the slopes (St Gervais only)
- On change over days, drive the company minibus/coach from the airport or inter-resort transfers.
- Ensure that the in-resort vehicles are regularly maintained and cleaned.
- Complete vehicle and mileage records to be sent to the UK Head Office.
- Taking part in the client welcome speech providing information on the ski shop services and equipment upgrades.
- Assist with serving evening meals and participate in après ski activities on a rota basis.
- Work well within the ski tech team to cover days off and support other hotel operations when required which will include duties such as housekeeping, bar and kitchen.
What we are looking for:
- Aged 25 or over due to insurance restrictions.
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- Full clean UK driving licence and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions.
- Passionate about the mountains and experience of winter sport activities.
- Previous customer-facing job role work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and time-management skills.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Previous ski tech experience will be an advantage (full training will be provided).
- French language skills are desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Highly competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!