SKI TECH / DRIVER
Snowcoach is an independent family run company operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and, most importantly, our staff!
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes including links to the Valloire ski area. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We were awarded a Certificate of Excellent 2019 by Trip Advisor.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breadth of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
Working overseas for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to be abroad without having to fund it yourself and you get paid in the process!
This position has lots of involvement with the client skiing experience. You must be a very competent skier (not boarder).
This is an extensive list, but the duties are shared amongst the ski tech team.
- Welcoming, engaging and conversing with the clients.
- Keeping up to date on snow reports and weather conditions in order to plan and organise the clients’ social skiing accordingly.
- Working in the ski shop (open every day before and after skiing and all day on arrival days).
- Fitting client’s skis and boots, ski servicing and organising the ski equipment returns.
- Responsible for stock control ensuring all equipment is accounted for.
- Responsible for ski shop cleanliness.
- Responsible for advertising ski servicing for client’s personal equipment and offering upgrades for Snowcoach skis to maximise revenue.
- Responsible for the compliance of health and safety policies in relation to ski servicing machines, ski equipment.
- In St. Gervais, transporting the clients and staff safely to and from the slopes by minibus.
- Drive the minibus on airport transfers or inter-resort transfers plus other driving as required (eg cash and carry, recycling centre).
- Ensure that the company vehicles are regularly maintained, health and safety compliant and clean.
- Complete vehicle and mileage records.
- Be confident in taking part in the client welcome speech by providing information on the ski shop and the social skiing arrangements. Every evening during dinner, make announcements about the social skiing arrangements for the following day.
- Assist with serving evening meals and participate in après ski activities on a rota basis.
- Work well within the ski tech team to cover days off and support other hotel operations when required which may include duties such as housekeeping, bar and kitchen.
- Confident in a pressurised working environment.
What we are looking for:
- Aged 25 or over due to vehicle insurance restrictions.
- UK/EU passport holder.
- Full clean driving licence and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions is required.
- Passionate about the mountains and experience of winter sport activities.
- Previous customer-facing work.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time-management skills.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Previous ski tech experience would be an advantage (full training will be given).
- French language skill is desirable.
In addition to working for an independent company with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent meals and accommodation
- Travel to/from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!