Summer Hotel Manager
An opportunity to spend the summer season in the Alps!
Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation.
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix. There are 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round. Position available from May to November.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the mountains. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. Open July and August.
We are looking for a Hotel Manager who has a passion for hospitality together with a love of the mountains, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well has having a sense of fun!
- Overall management and responsibility for the hotel’s smooth operation and deliverance of high service standards.
- To provide clients with the highest possible level of service.
- Assist with reception duties checking clients in/out, preparing invoices, taking payment.
- Management of the housekeeping service and standards of cleanliness including public areas, bar, kitchen and restaurant.
- Management of staff including compiling the weekly work rota plus staff general welfare, motivation and ongoing training.
- Control of all budgets ensuring the timely completion of all departmental accounts and administrative paperwork.
- Liaising with Head Office regarding all client travel movements including the transfers to and from airports.
- Use the in-house reservations system.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with all local suppliers and contractors.
- Adhere to French legislation laws regarding staff by completing all the necessary compliance paperwork.
- Some driving may be required.
What we are looking for:
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we need to obtain a work permit on your behalf and a visa unless you have a Carte de Sejour/Titre de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract.)
- Must be fully vaccinated (with proof).
- An inspirational, confident leader with previous experience in the hotel or hospitality industry.
- An interest and aptitude to manage and motivate staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer skills (particularly Excel), organisation, accounting and administration skills.
- Must be able to cope in a pressured working environment with the ability to think on your feet.
- Full clean UK/EU driving licence is advantageous and experience of driving in mountains is desirable.
- Must be fluent in both oral and written English plus French language skills would be beneficial for this position.
Salary and Benefits
In addition to working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation on a private basis
- Contribution for travel to and from resort
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Family and friends accommodation discount
- A Walker’s Lift Pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps!