POWDER BYRNE SWISS COOK
We are looking for a dedicated cook for to fill this key role in the resort of Flims, Switzerland for the entire Winter Season.
The position is slightly different to that of any other tour operator or 'chalet chef' role and certainly to working in a restaurant in the UK. The role is a combination of 'Swiss Cook' and Private Chef.
As the Swiss Cook/Private Chef, you are responsible for providing a personalised service, preparing, cooking and serving meals to both owners and rental clients staying in our private chalet apartments. You will ensure that all food is prepared to the highest standard in the apartment kitchen and that it is served in a timely fashion.
Swiss Cook is our high end meal delivery service - as the chef you would be cooking meals in an industrial kitchen, packaging them and then delivering them to chalet apartments to be re-heated at the client's leisure each day. When required, the Private Chef role is more similar to a chalet role, but you would not live in the chalet/apartment. You would be cooking and serving breakfast, afternoon tea & a 3 course evening meal 6 nights a week for groups of between 4 and 16 people.
This position is ideal for someone with up to 1-5 years experience.
- Planning, preparation and delivery of oven-ready meals
- Maintaining the highest standard of food and service to our clients
- Budgeting and paperwork
- Purchasing ingredients
- Stock control and rotation
- Liaising with local suppliers to arrange timely deliveries of ingredients and food
- Completing all relevant Hygiene and Cleanliness paperwork and checks
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness
- Plan a menu and cook for the Resort Staff during Peak Weeks in line with a set budget
- Collaborate with the London Head Office to develop our Swiss Cook services
- Experience of producing high quality food in a kitchen or chalet environment
- Recognised catering qualifications
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Previous hospitality or customer service experience (desirable)
- Comfortable catering for various dietary requirements
- Full and clean UK Driving License
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Highly flexible and pro-active attitude
- Good self motivation and ability to work on your own
- Return flights and transfers
- Ski Pass
- Ski/Board and boot hire
- Winter Sports Insurance
- Comprehensive pre-season training course
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn end of season performance related bonus (Full Season)