UK Operations Executive
Reporting to: Nikos Vekios, Operations Director
Based: 2 Woodlands Way, London, SW15 2SX
Proposed Salary: £23k
Proposed Start: Mid August, TBD - 1 full-time role (+ position for a seasonal contract as well with a view to potentially going full time)
Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays pro rata’d (date restrictive)
Perks: Free Powder White catered chalet holiday for yourself
Hours: 9am to 5pm during the months of April-August, 9am-5.30pm during the month of September, and 9am-6pm during the months of October-March, Monday to Friday with one hour break for lunch. You will also be required to be on duty on the UK Operations phone on a rota system for, generally, every other weekend during seasonal months.
Successful applicants will have the following (preferred but not essential):
- A good knowledge of ski resort operations as well as good chalet holiday knowledge
- Preferable knowledge of all our existing chalet resorts (currently Courchevel/Meribel/Val d’Isere/St Anton) as well as other leading French resorts
- Excellent communication skills with a real focus on customer service
- Good IT skills to include Word, Excel and the internet (training given on the Powder White database)
- Outgoing personality with the drive to succeed
- Team-player with a calm disposition, always helpful especially at peak times
- Willingness to help out in other areas (sales) when required
- Basic knowledge of French and/or German ideal but not essential
- UK work permit with UK NI number
The main areas of responsibility will be:
1. Providing operational support to, and working closely with, the Sales Team
2. Issuing confirmation invoices for the Powder White bookings
3. Helping to manage the guests’ booking from confirmation of sale until date of departure and being the joint point of contact for all guests.
4. Amend bookings where necessary and issue revised invoices.
5. Chase & secure balance payments.
6. Book transfers for Powder Shuttle and Third Party Suppliers.
7. Obtain regular pricing and availability updates from resort suppliers
8. Promote and manage ski pack additions to the booking to include Ski Passes and Ski Hire through preferred Suppliers.
9. Book private lessons & ski school where required, checking availability & pricing with recommended ski schools.
10. Checking booking invoices for resort manifesting purposes.
11. Create and update pre-departure information for all chalets and send out to all bookings.
12. Keep Resort Managers updated with any amendments to imminent arrivals
Powder White’s success is attributed to a great team of highly experienced and motivated staff both in the UK and European resorts. This combined with the very latest technology and in-house software and training, ensures our UK Operations Executives have all the ammunition needed to sell excellent holidays they really believe in and provide the very best customer care. Each member of staff is given the opportunity to help us develop and grow as a business. They are highly valued and provided with the best training and the highest standard of care and support.