A bar assistant’s aim is to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our hotel guests. You will assist with running the bar, always ensuring a high level of customer service, in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. You will assist with advertising and upselling all bar products, events and special offers helping to ensure all sales targets are being met and exceeded. You will maintain the bar area, keeping it well stocked, tidy, and clean to the highest standards. You will support the service in our restaurant and deliver orders to the tables and ensure a smooth dinner service. Our front of house team members is essential in delivering great service and working together is essential in this role.
- To provide guests with a personal holiday experience with the highest service and cleanliness levels.
- Interact with guests and answer questions about the local area, ski area and Alpine elements service.
- Check the bar is well always stocked and promotional offers advertised clearly for guests to see.
- Support the service team and assist with the smooth running of the dinner service.
- To perform daily and weekly cleaning jobs to company standards.
- To serve customers on the bar in an effective and friendly manner.
- Ensure you always look presentable by always wearing the appropriate clean uniform.
- Ensure all local information that may be of relevance to customers is clearly displayed and passed onto customers.
- To actively upsell any additional extras or events the hotel may offer.
What we are looking for
- Friendly and approachable personality.
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Relevant bar experience required, (in some cases you may be required to clean beer lines).
- Secure cash handling skills.
Salary and Package
- 35 hours a week working hours with great work life balance. Full training and development available with great career progression opportunities.
- Salary is competitive, uniform is provided, and staff meals are included within the working shifts.
- Accommodation and assistance to obtain a visa (UK only) can be provided as optional extras.