As an Alpine Elements kitchen porter, you will be an integral part of the hotel team, ensuring our customers’ expectations are exceeded at every opportunity. Reporting to the head chef and hotel manager, our KP’s are responsible for maintaining the hygiene and safety standards within our hotel kitchens. You may also assist in the production of excellent quality food, presented at the highest standard for between 50 to 70 customers. You will be required to maintain hygiene standards, complete, and conform to HACCP and COSHH procedures.
Night porter duties are on a rota basis and will involve interacting with the guests and offering any help and assistance they will need after-hours. You will also complete tasks during the evening, so the hotel is set up and cleaning standards are met.
- To ensure all food prep is done to help support the efficiency and service within the kitchen.
- Interact with customers and fulfil customer requests when required to do so.
- To ensure you look presentable by always wearing the appropriate, clean uniform.
- On hand to help customers and deal with any questions or problems they may have outside of hotel working hours whilst on night porter shifts.
- Assist in providing all customer and staff meals (breakfast and dinner) in accordance with the company set menu.
- Assistance with the service of the daily set menu
- Adopt a proactive approach to monitoring stock levels and assist in compiling orders.
- To receive deliveries of food ensuring it is checked, stored away correctly, and rotated effectively in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Ensure high levels of hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with EU/UK laws.
- Complete daily kitchen-cleaning tasks including washing up duties.
- Record, maintain and monitor daily HACCP records.
- Be a team player, assist in all areas of the kitchen where required and always ensure the efficient running of the kitchen.
What we are looking for –
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who are willing and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone or as a part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Food Hygiene and Safety Level 2 certificate – links to online courses can be provided (Essential)
- Relevant experience working in a kitchen and preparing and cooking food on a large scale (Desired)
Salary and Package benefits
- 35 hours a week working hours with a great work life balance. Full training and development available with great career progression opportunities.
- Salary is competitive, uniform is provided, and staff meals are included within the working shifts. Accommodation and assistance to obtain a visa (UK only) can be provided as optional extras.