Housekeeper job description –
We are looking for bright, hardworking and organised individuals to join the Ski France team to help run our chalets in the French Alps and give our guests the best holidays we can.
Summary of Ski France Offer –
This was a new concept to replace the traditional catered chalet holidays. It is primarily aimed at the British market but the same chalets will still be sold to the French market on a self-catered basis.
The chalets are ready on arrival with beds made, fridges stocked, ski equipment booked and lift passes delivered. We prepare everything behind the scenes so the guests don’t see us but we’ll be a phone call away for anything they need. We will be providing them with the best possible service.
The guests can choose if they want the ‘contactless catered’ option or the ‘self-catered’ option.
Contactless catered – consists of breakfast, afternoon tea and 3 course dinner provided. Most meals are already cooked (eg beef bourguignon) and just need to be heated in oven/on hob by guests. Some dishes need to be prepared by guests (eg goat’s cheese salad starter).
Self-catered – guests are provided with a checklist of things that we will purchase on their behalf from the supermarket. We do one pre-arrival shop for them.
As a housekeeper you will be an integral part of our dedicated team, responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of our ski chalets. Your meticulous attention to detail and commitment to creating a comfortable and inviting environment will play a vital part in ensuring the overall satisfaction of our guests.
- Start and end of season
- Assisting with deep cleaning of chalets before and after the season (including thorough dusting, carpet cleaning, window washing and deep sanitization)
- Participating in the cleaning and organizing of storage areas and supply rooms
- Helping in getting ready the staff accommodation and keeping it clean during season
- Guest accommodation preparation
- Cleaning and preparing guest accommodations, including bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and common areas, to meet high cleanliness standards
- Making beds, changing linens and ensuring an inviting atmosphere for guests
- Restocking amenities, toiletries and supplies as needed
- Collaborating with maintenance and to report any repair issues
- Helping with snow clearing of chalet and staff accommodation if needed
- Having an excellent eye for detail and being meticulous in your work
- Daily cleaning and housekeeping
- Performing routine and cleaning tasks in chalets, such as dusting, vacuuming, moping and sanitizing surfaces (including toilets, showers, sinks and fixtures)
- Ensuring the cleanliness and orderliness of kitchens, including washing dishes, wiping countertops and organising cabinets
- Emptying trash & recycling bins regularly, following proper waste disposal guidelines
- Collecting, sorting and restocking of clean linens, towels, bathrobes, slippers and toiletries
- Assisting with inventory control & maintenance of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Ensuring chalets are spotless and set up ready for the arriving guests, with the facilities ready, with the food unpacked and everything stocked as it should be
- Responding to guest requests or inquiries in a professional and helpful manner
- Housekeeping vehicle
- Ensuring they are kept clean and that any repairs are reported to the RM so that they can be carried out promptly
- Previous experience in a housekeeping role, preferably in a hospitality or similar environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong commitment to cleanliness and hygiene
- Basic knowledge of cleaning techniques, products and equipment
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, managing time and tasks effectively
- Teamwork skills, maintaining a positive and professional attitude
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including week-ends and holidays
- Valid driver’s licence (held for a minimum of 2 years) and ability to drive in snow conditions
- English and/or French spoken skills
Work conditions –
- Based in the French Alps
- 5-month contract under French law
- From early December to end of April
- 35 hours / week + 2 days off
- Shared bedroom & bathroom
Please note you will be living with other staff members and are expected to responsibly maintain and clean your accommodation, fostering a tidy and respectful living environment for all. Additionally, a cleaning rota will be implemented for the common areas and you will be expected to actively participate and contribute to the cleanliness and upkeep of these shared spaces.