Skiing in America is all about pushing boundaries and transcending limits. Lake Tahoe in California offers some of America’s most sought-after ski. We know that fact may come as a surprise to some. We are talking about California, right? Yes. This is “California Dreaming” at 3,000 metres altitude!
If you are interested in becoming an instructor on your ski season in the USA then download your free instructor guide here: https://bit.ly/3JlR6cz
Our ski and snowboard courses available in the USA:
Lake Tahoe, one of the largest alpine lakes in the world, is home to two of EA’s ski resorts; Palisades and Northstar. These resorts deliver some of the freshest powder for skiing and snowboarding, breathtaking views, and bustling nightlife with top-notch après action.
Northstar is a one-of-a-kind winter oasis complete with freshly groomed slopes, world class park/pipes (Shaun White trains here and there is a 18 foot halfpipe), expansive mountainscapes, fireside hot cocoas and s'mores and awesome burritos at Big Daves! It is a bit like a mini Disneyland for snowboarders and skiers.
Palisades (formerly known as Squaw Valley) has a rad factor. Squaw Valley is a legendary resort known for its big terrain, powder and truly epic seasons. Here you'll find more than than more than 6000 acres of skiable terrain split across the two mountain resorts overlooking Lake Tahoe. This is a popular spot that has gained international notoriety with the infamous G.N.A.R film and associated game played out on the mountain.
Why do a ski season in the USA
Doing a ski season in California, particularly at Palisades or Northstar ski resorts, is an epic experience. Here are some reasons why you should spend your ski season in California:
- Phenomenal Snow Conditions: Both Palisades and Northstar ski resorts are located in the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountain range, which typically receives heavy snowfall each year. In the 2022/23 winter season we saw some of the biggest snowfalls in California's history, with Palisades receiving a whopping 18 metres yewww!
- In Tahoe you can enjoy a long ski season, with many runs open from November to April. In 2023, due to the wild and heavy snow, the ski season is running until summer!
- Variety of Terrain: Both Palisades and Northstar offer a wide variety of terrain for skiers and snowboarders of all levels, from beginner runs to expert trails. This means that you can improve your skills and challenge yourself as you progress throughout the season.
- Beautiful Scenery: The Sierra Nevada mountains are renowned for their natural beauty, and skiing or snowboarding at Palisades or Northstar provides stunning views of the mountains and surrounding landscape.
- Active Lifestyle: Skiing or snowboarding at Palisades or Northstar offers the opportunity to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle, with plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy during your time off, such as snowshoeing, ice skating, and snowmobiling.
- Access to Major Cities: Both Palisades and Northstar are located within easy driving distance of major cities such as San Francisco and Sacramento, which means you can enjoy the vibrant nightlife and cultural attractions of these cities during your time off.
- After a winter of shredding the slopes, you can switch boards and head to the coast for some surfing, where you can experience world class breaks. Get that kombi van with your new crew of shred buddies and chuck on the beach boys!
If you are interested in becoming an instructor on your ski season in the USA download your free USA instructor guide to find out how you can become an instructor at one of our world-class ski resorts. Download the USA brochure guide here: https://bit.ly/3JlR6cz