Ski Season Jobs
Most seasonal workers know that skiing is a winter sport, and that if you’re planning to work as a ski ‘seasonnaire’ your job will last from roughly mid-November to the end of April. The bulk of the skiing public take their holidays between mid-December and mid-April so as winter season staff your roles will entail some set-up and clean-down time at each end of the season.
There are some exceptions to this way of working though. Whether you have prior engagements - a full-time job, travels or studying being the most popular – or you just hadn’t thought about ski seasons before, many Ski Operators look to employ staff throughout the season. This is a perfect opportunity to experience one of the greatest life experiences going – living, skiing and working in the mountains…
Top 7 Reasons to join a ski season late
- You’ll miss the difficult and demanding Christmas and New Year period
- You’ll dodge the dark and sometimes bitterly cold month of January
- The resort teams will be well-oiled and able to train you very efficiently and quickly
- The weather is improving by the day
- The snow-base (the amount of snow that’s compacted on the ski slopes) is pretty much at its maximum, making for amazing skiing and snowboarding conditions
- The days are longer meaning more time on the slopes
- There are events such as live music and ski competitions happening more often as the spring skiing season progresses
One of the Best Ski Season Employers
As a purely winter season employer, and one of the most established in the industry with over 35 years’ experience; Skiworld are a great option to consider if you’re looking for a ski season job. Amongst other benefits they offer a full employment package including return travel from the UK, your accommodation, food, lift pass and ski or snowboard equipment, plus you’ll get two days off per week.
Skiworld are still taking applications for this winter season up until the end of March, so you’re in with a great opportunity to be offered a job as a chalet host, resort rep, maintenance person, kitchen porter, chef, driver or one of many other roles!
If you’re interested, please see the opportunities we have advertised on SeasonWorkers and apply today.