As a chalet chef you will be an integral part of our overseas chalet team, ensuring our customers’ expectations are exceeded at every opportunity. You will work closely with the rest of the chalet team, as the chef you will be responsible for the entire kitchen operation in providing excellent quality food, presented to the highest standard for up to 35 customers. Your daily routine will revolve around the delivery of an outstanding buffet breakfast with hot option, afternoon tea and 3 or 4 course (set menu) evening meal all within an allocated budget. You will also be required to maintain hygiene standards, complete and conform to HACCP and COSHH procedures.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To ensure all Cold Store / Buffet items are available and replenished at all times throughout each service
- Deliver food service on time as per advertised to our guests.
- To ensure that the appropriate clean uniform is worn at all times.
- Customer interaction
- Catering for specific dietary requirements as and when required.
- Provide all meals (breakfast & dinner) in accordance with the Company Set Menu
- Assistance with the service of the daily set menu
- Ensure a proactive approach to monitoring stock levels and compiling orders
- To receive deliveries of food ensuring it is checked, stored away correctly and rotated effectively in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Ensure and maintain high standards of food preparation, presentation and quality of food
- Ensure high levels of Hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with UK and local laws
- Complete daily kitchen-cleaning tasks and schedules
- Take and store appropriately; food samples of all high-risk food in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Record, Maintain and monitor daily HACCP records
What we are looking for
- Outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and a part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honesty and trustworthy
- Team player
- Experience as a chef in a kitchen or chalet environment.
- Experience delivering a 3 or 4 course menu
- Food Hygiene Certification
- NVQ Level 2, BTEC or City and Guilds or Equivalent experience
Salary and Package
Accommodation, Insurance, uniform, local lift pass and standard equipment hire (snowboard and boots or skis and boots), some meals provided.