HOSPITALITY ASSISTANT/FRENCH SPEAKING RECEPTIONIST
Snowcoach is an independent family run company operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and our staff!
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont-Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, bar + lounge, a games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes including links to the Valloire ski area. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
Working overseas for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to experience working abroad without having to fund yourself and you get paid in the process!
A Hospitality General/French speaking Receptionist assists in the day to day tasks of running our club hotels. From housekeeping and customer service to restaurant duties, this is a hands on, all-round position. Plus your duties will also include manning the reception to cover days off. This will include client check-in/check-out, ordering supplies in French, managing the hotel reservation system plus lots of client involvement.
- Welcoming and making clients feel at home. You must be happy to engage and converse with all ages.
- Strong focus on housekeeping with deep cleaning & linen change of clients’ en-suite bedrooms plus general cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets, lounge, bar, dining room etc.
- Dining service – setting up restaurant for buffet breakfast, afternoon tea/cakes and evening meal, serving food to/from tables.
- Planning and participating in après ski activities.
- Provide cover for the receptionist as required. You will be the first point of call for our clients and visitors.
- Confident in a pressurised working environment.
What we are looking for:
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we now have to obtain a work permit on your behalf and a visa, unless you have a Carte de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract.)
- Must be fully vaccinated (with proof).
- A good standard of general education.
- Fluency in French and English both written and verbal.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills. Proficient in Excel.
- Previous hospitality experience.
- Full clean UK driving licence would be useful and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions advantageous.
- Confident in a pressured working environment.
In addition to working for an independent company with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent meals and accommodation
- Travel from/to resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance (where applicable)
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!