Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have many returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and our staff!
A Hotel General Assistant/Kids Klub Rep assists in the day-to-day tasks of running our Club Hotels. From housekeeping and customer service to restaurant duties, this is a hands on, all-rounder position. The extra children’s duties include:
- To provide a safe, clean, stimulating and caring environment for our young clients aged 3 to 11 years.
- Organise suitable indoor activities.
- Organise suitable outdoor activities.
- If applicable, kit up the children and escort them to and from ski school (only at Hotel l’Aigle)
- Keeping the games room clean and tidy at all times.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Occasional evening supervision of the games room.
The anticipated weeks for children’s club duties are Christmas, New Year, two weeks in February and two weeks at Easter. When not on children’s club duties you will assume the duties of a Hotel General Assistant
- Customer service – welcoming and making clients feel at home.
- Strong focus on housekeeping (linen change, deep cleaning of clients’ bedrooms and bathrooms) and general cleaning of all public areas including toilets, lounge, bar, dining room etc.
- Dining service – setting up restaurant for buffet breakfast, afternoon tea/cakes and evening meal, serving food to/from tables. Clearing away and cleaning after restaurant service.
- Planning and participating in après ski activities.
- Work well within the team to cover days off and support other roles within the hotel operation, if required.
Salary and Benefits
In addition to working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Free or subsidised travel to and from resort
- Full ski lift pass - whole area
- Skis and boots from our in-house ski shop
- Medical insurance if applicable
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!
What we are looking for:
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we now have to obtain a work permit on your behalf and a visa, unless you have a Carte de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract.)
- Must be fully vaccinated (with proof).
- A good standard of general education.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Previous hospitality or catering experience will be an advantage.
- Full clean UK driving licence would be useful and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions advantageous.
- A working knowledge of French is highly desirable.