Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays!
We are looking for a Head Chef with a passion for the mountains, who would relish a position in a hotel kitchen and spending time on the slopes. Your team includes a second chef and two kitchen assistants.
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes, with a new chair lift and additional ski runs opening this season. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We have just been awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some great career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to be abroad without having to fund it yourself and you get paid in the process
- Work as a team with the Second Chef to prepare and deliver wholesome high standard meals for all clients and staff (buffet-style breakfast, home-made afternoon cakes, 4-course evening meal.
- Manage the kitchen budget and minimise expenditure.
- Monitor stock levels and place all necessary orders.
- Take overall ownership of kitchen and storage areas to ensure areas are clean and safe, and meet statutory health and safety requirements.
- Control wastage and ensure all stock is secure with no loss.
- Ensure staff follow the food policy with no unauthorised food leaving the kitchen.
- Provide supervision and training in kitchen hygiene standards and health and safety to all staff involved in food preparation and kitchen/restaurant cleaning.
- Responsible for high levels of kitchen and food hygiene standards.
- Ordering kitchen supplies by delivery via UK or shopping locally.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with all suppliers.
- Take note of comments posted by clients on questionnaires and react positively and accordingly.
What we are looking for:
- An EU passport and possession of a UK National Insurance number.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification.
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in kitchen, hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Previous experience in mentoring/training teams is desirable.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable
In addition to working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary + bonus scheme
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous friends and family holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!