This programme is great for those you want to experience working and travelling abroad but with help and support to make sure they hit the ground running. Join an instant group of other travellers and be shown around Auckland, travel to the beautiful Bay of Island region, experience the rich Maori culture and history and get a paid job!
You’ll be helped with applying for a tax file number, opening a bank account and setting up a New Zealand mobile SIM card. Take advantage of advice and support on improving your CV and interviewing techniques and once you are all set, you'll have access to an exclusive online database of available jobs.
Included is an action packed orientation week. Enjoy exploring the city of Auckland with a trip to The Domain,Auckland Harbour Bridge and Mt Eden Volcano. You will journey up to the breath-taking Bay of Islands region and hike to the magnificent Harura Falls. There is a trip to the historical site of Waitangi and Russel which was New Zealand’s first capital. Enjoy socialising with a BBQ, Pizza and Burger night. Meet like minded people from all over the world who will become housemates, travelling buddies and life long friends!
Auckland is a fantastic place to explore and enjoy a rich and cosmopolitan lifestyle. Earn good wages and save up to fund further action packed adventures around New Zealand!
What will I be doing?
The work available to you in Auckland includes jobs in retail, bars, restaurants, cafés, factories, agriculture and offices. The pay is pretty good, with wages around $14.50 NZD per hour if you have no experience and more for those with relevant skills.
Working abroad adds a unique element to your CV and puts you in an excellent position for starting university or a future career. Earn money and work experience at the same time and spend your hard earned cash enjoying all the amazing things that this part of the world has to offer.
You'll spend your first week in Auckland city YHA and a hostel in the north in a town called Paihia. During the week you will be helped to search for an apartment for the rest of your time in Auckland. However, you might like to continue staying in the hostel for a weekly discounted rate.
Our team in Auckland will be there to help and support you throughout the duration of your 12month stay. You are able to use our offices in any city in New Zealand and also Australia should you be travelling that way. Free Wifi for all and access to free consultations on job finding wherever you are.
What do I get for my money?
To participate in the 12 month programme there is a charge of £895, this includes:
- Phone interview and briefing from the UK
- 24/7 support from the Oyster office in the UK
- Advice on obtaining a visa
- Pre-paid transfers from the Airport to the YHA Auckland via shuttle bus
- 6 Nights accommodation in dorm style shared rooms
- 6 Continental breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- A fully-guided week of tourist activities
- All transfers included during the week
- Auckland sightseeing tour
- Maori cultural experience and haka dance entertainment
- Dune surfing and sand boarding on the famous 90 mile beach
- Trip to Russel, the very first capital of New Zealand
- Guided walk to Harura Falls
- 24 hour in-country emergency hotline
- A detailed welcome orientation
- Comprehensive job and travel presentations
- Industry specific employment seminars
- 12 month job assistance and unlimited access to consultations and an exclusive job database
- Access to the use of offices with our partners in Australia- free WiFi if travelling and job finding services for those who also apply for an Australian working holiday during the 12 month membership
- In-country support from our Kiwi partners
- Unlimited WiFi access at job finding offices during weekdays
- Opening a bank account
- Tax file number registration
You will need to budget for flights to New Zealand, Insurance and Visas.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you need a Working Holiday Visa that is available for passport holders from many reciprocal countries. You must be aged between 18-30. You will also need to be able to speak English and have a great work ethic.