For over 40 years Bell has offered a range of outstanding Young Learner Programmes to overseas students aged 7 – 17. These unparalleled courses combine academic excellence with an exciting cultural and social programme and provide students with a unique experience and exceptional care.
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and creative Activity Directors and Assistant Activity Directors for our Young Learner Courses running at four UK independent schools between June and August.
Activity Directors are responsible for the day to day running of the activity programme including sports and social sessions and events. Duties will involve managing the activity staff as well as management of the use of facilities and resources. Assistant Activity Directors will assist in the effective running of the activities component of the programmes to deliver maximum quality, efficiency and student satisfaction.
- Bell St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Bloxham School, Oxfordshire
- The Leys, Cambridge
- Wellington College, Berkshire
Each school provides both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Sports & social activities management experience
- Team leadership/people management experience
- Proficiency in time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Residential experience
- Previous management position in a Young Learner or residential environment
- Experience of developing programme materials
- Observation and staff development experience
- Sports and coaching qualifications
- Previous experience of working with children/teenagers
Salary and Benefits:
- For Activity Directors, salary from £465 per week (dependent on experience) plus from £56.13 per week statutory annual leave payment
- For Assistant Activity Directors, salary from £394 per week (dependent on experience) plus from £47.56 per week statutory annual leave payment
- Paid training weekend on 25th & 26thMay 2019
- Free accommodation and meals
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- A DBS Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
- Completion of a DBS application is condition of employment- We do not accept DBS checks undertaken by other organisations
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.