Location: 20 locations across the UK; London, Bath, Uxbridge, Berkshire, Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, Windsor, Henley-on-Thames, Swindon, Ipswich, Rickmansworth, Brighton, Eastbourne, Harrow, Dublin Ireland, Reading, Hertfordshire, Ascot.
- Ability to lead a variety of fun and engaging sports activities and games for students.
- Ability to motivate and enjoy working with large groups of international students.
- Previous experience working with children/teenagers.
- Ability to create and sustain working relationships with students.
- Available to work for 2-8-week periods during June, July and August, on a fixed-term basis.
- Always prioritise student welfare and implement our Safeguarding Policy.
- Previous summer school experience.
- Hold a valid First Aid Certificate, Lifeguard or sports coaching qualification.
- Have experience of working with students aged 9 – 17 years old.
To plan, organise, implement and pack up a variety of activities during morning, afternoon and evening sessions. Activity Leaders ensure that activities are structured, engaging, accessible and enjoyable for all participants. They also ensure that students attend the set activities and that attendance records are accurate. Activity Leaders engage with students when supervising excursions by providing them with relevant games, tourist facts and opportunities to use their English language skills. Activity Leaders also assist with welfare duties. Applicants holding specialist qualifications will be required to undertake duties such as pool duties/sports coaching and first aid provision.
- Reports to Head of Sports and Activities.
- 4-week contract with a potential extension.
- 42 hours per week. (Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours. You will therefore be asked to ‘opt out’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive).
- Residential option available with a deduction of £55.00 per week (£5.70 a day) from your weekly pay for full board and accommodation.
- Evening and weekend work required.
Ardmore Language Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates are required to provide criminal checks including a valid Enhanced DBS Certificate and/or overseas police checks.
Candidates can only be considered if they over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK. The Recruitment Team cannot accept CVs; all applications must be submitted via the online application portal.
Get in touch and apply now!