EC English Language Centres
Helping students succeed in a global community
EC offers superior English language programmes in the top English-speaking destinations around the world, together with French in Montreal. Our world-class facilities and an outstanding team have allowed us to evolve into a globally recognized and trusted brand. Our vision is to maintain our growth while helping students from all over the world succeed in a global community.
EC has a Young Learners division which incorporates EC Academy, EC Study Tours and Embassy Summer and welcomes students from over 140 countries helping them to improve their language skills, meet new friends and take part in a wide range of activities and cultural excursions that will help them develop important life skills.
Activity Leaders are at the forefront of delivering a successful activity programme, providing instruction, guidance and coaching to the students, whilst ensuring all activities are delivered to provide a safe, secure and tolerant environment in a proactive and engaged manner.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact
- Ensure the activities and excursions operates to the highest standards of relevant Health & Safety and safeguarding practices
- Manage and instruct during onsite activities sessions which enable the development of students’ Life Skills
- Manage and lead offsite excursions which enable the development of students’ Life Skills
- Maximise student and group leader satisfaction by ensuring their experience meets or exceeds their expectations
Specific duties include:
- To lead, supervise, motivate & engage students on activities and trips
- To enthusiastically promote the Activity Programme
- To ensure adequate preparation & set up for on/offsite activities
- To prepare, plan & lead students on excursions
- To maintain levels of student discipline, safety and welfare
- To assist in day-to-day general duties as instructed by senior management
- To work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children and young people
- To carry out residential supervision duties, including meal and bedtime supervision as requested by the Centre Manager (where applicable)
- To complete ‘prep time’ in accordance with the requirements outlined by line managers to benefit the delivery of the activity and excursion programme
- To help manage and maintain activity stock, which will include lifting of equipment
- To assist and engage students with activities and excursions through the use of the Embassy Summer App.
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the company’s Code of Conduct, and any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
Employees are required to cooperate fully with all arrangements in place related to Health and Safety which include implementation and compliance with control measures resultant from risk assessments and engagement with, and completion of, any relevant Health and Safety training.
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Specialism in sports coaching, drama or dance
- No prior work experience is required for the role of activity leader however we do look for candidates with a lot of common sense and great communication skills. We provide the necessary training to carry out the role effectively and this is a great opportunity to gain valuable professional skills to add to your CV
- Summer School experience, preferably in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in working in, or qualifications in hospitality
- Experience in working in a customer facing environment
- Specialism in sports coaching, drama, or dance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to deal with and resolve complex problems and issues
- Ability to motivate and engage students
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Demonstrates emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline
- 6 days out of 7 (1 day off per week)
- 42 hours per week (including preparation time)
- From £321.48 - £447.16 per week (inclusive of holiday pay)
- £55.00 deduction per week for residential accommodation (if required)
- *Correct at the time of publication