LAL Summer Schools is offering exciting summer opportunities in a fun and rewarding environment for enthusiastic, dedicated and creative candidates.
LAL is an internationally renowned Language School provider that runs Summer Camps in the school holidays at various locations for children aged 7 – 17 years. Our fun-packed camps are located primarily in the south-east of England, as well as in Manchester and Tavistock, Devon.
We are looking for high quality staff that are able to work during the period 28th June to 16th August and can offer 1 – 7 week contracts (residential & non-residential for activity leaders) depending on your availability and preferred location.
Core Job Titles:
Activities Manager/Welfare Manager
Reporting to your Line Manager, you and colleagues will be assigned to lead groups of children through a range of different sports, non-sports and arts & crafts activities, or be responsible for delivering all aspects of on-site ‘House Parent’ pastoral care. You will be required to adapt your skills and experiences to working with children of a variety of ages, backgrounds and abilities whilst catering for their individual needs.
- Adherence to policies and procedures, ensuring the children in your care have a fun and stimulating time in a safe environment
- Working with the leisure management team, planning and delivering a variety of activities with structure and enthusiasm whilst encouraging the maximum participation of the children
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children in your care are well-catered for through pro-active supervision and care throughout the day and overnight
- Manage the exchange of relevant information regarding the children to their parents
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venues and LAL Summer Schools resources through ad hoc duties such as cleaning and kit maintenance
What kind of skills we are looking for:
- Effective interpersonal communication and ability to work as part of a team
- A responsible approach to every area of student welfare and pastoral care
- Good customer service ethics
- Ability to interact effectively with young learner students
- Enthusiasm for helping with or leading extra-curricular activities
- Cultural sensitivity
What we can offer:
- Full board accommodation
- Competitive salary
- Contract completion bonus
- Loyalty bonus for returning staff
- A lasting experience, with unforgettable memories
- Comprehensive pre-arrival on-line training, including safeguarding and health and safety
- Confidence of being part of a multi-billion Euro tour operator
What we need from you:
- Over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Highly motivated and responsible individuals who are able to demonstrate a mature and professional attitude to their employment
- Have relevant experience working within the childcare industry and capable of leading a group of children
- Highly organised with clear communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to the role
- Experience and interest in leisure activities for the age ranges specified
- Able to flexibly adapt to effectively deal with sometimes unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
What we would also like from you (but not essential):
- Previous experience in a residential summer school and/or working with under 18s
- First Aid and Safeguarding qualifications.
- Any additional teaching/coaching skills (Football, Tennis, Film-making, Computer Coding, etc.)
The small print, boring but necessary (and informative):
- This list gives a realistic summary of what LAL requires from its Activity & Welfare staff, but we also provide full, detailed job descriptions, available on our website.
- LAL is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, as well as safer recruiting.
- Gaps in CVs will need to be explained
- An enhanced DBS check (or equivalent) is required (assistance and advice provided)
- At least 2 referees will be contacted to confirm your suitability to work with under 18s
- Contract length is 48 hours per week and to meet the needs of the business
- Weekend and evening hours will be required
- One 24 hour period off per week
- LAL cannot enter into any sponsorship of visas or other work permit documents
Selection & Appointment Process
Apply through our recruitment website: https://recruitment.lalschools.com/
Short listed candidates will be invited to a Skype, telephone or face to face interview, and if selected will be required to complete an on line pre-training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and DBS Status.