For over 40 years Bell has offered a range of outstanding Young Learner Programmes to overseas students aged 7 – 17. These unparalleled courses combine academic excellence with an exciting cultural and social programme and provide students with a unique experience and exceptional care.
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and creative Activity Leaders and Houseparents for our Young Learner Courses running at three independent schools.
Activity Leaders will plan, prepare and lead sports, drama and arts and crafts activities to groups of students each afternoon and play a key part in organising evening events. They will also participate in activities being led by other staff, assist on excursions, airport responsibilities and undertake pastoral duties.
House Parents are responsible for the pastoral care of students. Duties will involve student supervision, leading daily meetings, house checks, managing pocket money as well as participating in activities and excursions with the students.
Contracts are available for Spring and Summer 2023.
With the following activities on offer to students, we welcome applications from prospective Activity Leaders with a range of skills, interests and experience:
- Team and individual sports including; football, tennis, cricket, archery, volleyball, badminton, basketball, hockey
- Art and Design
- Photography and film-making
- Performing Arts, Dance and Drama
- Pool Sports and Swimming
- Journalism, Creative Writing and British Literature
- Exam Skills, Presentations and Debates
Our schools provide both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
- St Albans
Person Specification for Activity Leaders
Essential:- Keen interest in sports/drama/arts and crafts- Experience organising/supervising/leading activities and events- Ability to lead with confidence- Excellent communication and presentation skills- Good team player- Proficiency in time management- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines
Desirable:- Degree qualified or equivalent- Previous experience working with children/teenagers- Coaching experience- Residential experience
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications for Houseparents
- Excellent communication skills
- Counselling skills
- Previous experience working with children/teenagers
- Good team player
- Proficiency in time management
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Previous residential experience
- Experience working in a pastoral setting
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- A DBS/Police Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
- We do not accept DBS Checks undertaken by other organisations (unless you are on the update service)
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment
Remuneration and Benefits for both roles:
- Salary is £400 - £420 per week plus 12.07 % per week statutory annual leave payment
- Free accommodation and meals
- Paid induction period upon arrival
- Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
- Staff laptop with free access to Wi-Fi
- Opportunities for promotion and further seasonal employment
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Salary: £400 - £420 per week plus 12.07 % per week statutory annual leave payment