The Activity Manager is responsible for the organisation and delivery of a high-quality activity and excursion programme for students, which includes inspiring; training and managing Activity Leaders to achieve this goal. In addition, they also are responsible for the safe delivery and coordination of all logistics necessary for off-site excursions.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact
- Manage, lead, and inspire the activity team to deliver the excursion programme with an exemplary level of dedication to students’ development and welfare
- Maximise student and group leader satisfaction by ensuring their excursion and onsite activity experiences meets or exceeds their expectations
- To ensure the excursions operate to the highest standards of relevant Health & Safety, safeguarding and HR practices
- Ensure the excursion & activity programme runs within the pre-determined budgets & take responsibility for the timely and accurate submission of all administration
- To effectively manage and oversee the contribution and performance of the other members of the Activity Management team
Specific duties include:
- To hold regular meetings with Group leaders and to assist in the Group leader induction process
- To make all attraction and coach bookings in centre within the budgets and specifications of the pre-prepared standard and specific programmes
- Liaise with the Welfare Officer to promote Optional Excursions to Individual students
- To induct and train Activity staff to in Best Practices that facilitates the high-quality delivery of all excursions, extending to their ongoing training, pre-trip briefings, performance observations and appraisals
- To prepare and update programmes as changes are requested
- To record excursions and subsequent changes, ensuring these are made available to Head Office.
- To effectively manage optional trip costing, sales and advertising
- To assist in the completion of weekly and daily working rotas for Activity staff
- To take part in and/or lead a variety of meetings with management, staff, host college and vendor personnel
- To ensure high levels of student safety and welfare are maintained in line with Statutory, Accreditation and Company guidance
- To assist with student arrival and departures at centre as needed and requested by
- the Centre Manager
- To meet with the Director of Studies to decide the centre zig zag split fits with the particulars required of the excursion programme
- To ensure the splits facilitate the centre’s nationality mix and ensuring the academic & activity programmes are integrated
- To diligently prepare excursion packs
- To brief, outline and monitor the elements of the programme where Activity Leaders must be actively encouraging engagement with the activities and excursions through the Embassy Summer App
- In the absence of an Onsite Social Manager, to manage and oversee aspects of the onsite activity programme
- To work with the Welfare Officer to ensure Risk Assessments are comprehensive and control measures are being implemented by frontline staff on excursions
- To support other managers and carry out other operational duties as assigned or requested by the Centre Manager including, carrying out 24hr emergency duty (on a rota basis)
- To carry out residential supervision duties, including meal and bedtime supervision as requested by the Centre Manager
- Demonstrate safe and healthy working practices at all times and manage the workplace so that it is a safe and healthy environment for staff and students, working in partnership where necessary with any host premises to achieve this
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the company’s Code of Conduct, and any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
Employees are required to cooperate fully with all arrangements in place related to Health and Safety which include implementation and compliance with control measures resultant from risk assessments and engagement with, and completion of, any relevant Health and Safety training.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent/or working towards
- Valid First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
- Experience working with juniors
- Experience in a role involving organisation /logistics / travel
- A high degree of IT competency- Outlook & MS Office (specifically Excel)
- Management experience in a summer school environment
- Managing multiple departments and teams
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to deal and resolve complex problems and issues
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Central London
- Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Demonstrates emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of attention to detail
- 6 days* out of 7 (1 day off per week)
- All management roles are residential
- *Maximum weekly hours will be detailed in the Offer Letter
- Our competitive Management weekly pay, inclusive of accommodation, will be based on the size of the centre and experience. We will discuss this with you at the time of your interview.
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- If you do not have a valid Enhanced DBS and are not subscribed to the DBS update service, we will need to apply for a new Enhanced DBS for you. Please confirm this at the time of application.
Equality and Diversity:
Equality and diversity are at the heart of everything we do. Our learning opportunities are open to everyone, regardless of their background and circumstances, and we apply the same standards to the staff we employ.