At Kingswood, we pride ourselves in delivering the very best exhilarating activities as well as building unforgettable memories. We don’t just want Kingswood to stay in people’s minds, we want our staff too as well!
Our culture is built of sustaining a safe working, living and visiting environment, where safeguarding underpins everything we do, the way we manage our teams and engage with our guests. This comes from creating a foundation of checks and measures we undertake to ensure we attract, recruit and employ the right people, committed to our overall aims.
An Apprentice Activity Instructor Course for Kingswood, doesn’t just mean that you get to do activities like abseiling, caving, and zip wiring. It means we provide you with an opportunity of a life time. Stay, Learn and Earn with us! #learntheropes
We are looking for passionate, energetic and driven individuals who want to work in the outdoors, have fun and gain great qualifications.
On completion of our 14 month course, you will be qualified in –
- Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor
- Outdoor First Aid
- Level 1 Safeguarding
- ECRA High Ropes Instructor
- Archery GB: Archery Instructor
- + Much more depending on your location!
- Opportunity to take functional skills alongside the course
- 14 month apprenticeship starting in January 2022
- Salary of £4.30 per hour (For the first 12 Months)
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Perk box which includes; phone insurance, taste cards and great price cinema tickets, + loads more.
- Free food and accommodation meaning the money you earn is yours!
- Mentoring by SKERN – An approved ‘Main Apprenticeship Provider’ who is actually part of our Inspiring-Learning family!
- Two week induction at one of our 11 UK centres
- On-site mentor, to support your learning and training during the programme.
- An enhanced DBS check so you can work with children
You must be;
- Aged 18 or over
- Have a minimum of English & Maths GCSE grade 2 or above or a minimum of Level 2 Functional Skills
- Be an EU citizen and have lived within the EU continuously for the last 3 years
- Be willing to sign up to our Apprentice scheme for 12 - 14 months
- Be willing to be located at any of our centres – Isle of Wight, Norfolk, Doncaster, Northumberland, Kent and the West Midlands
- You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with Kingswood
- Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure at the company’s expense.
What is a DBS check?
A DBS Check is a Disclosure and Barring Service Check has the following key purposes:
1. DBS Checks are a vital part of safeguarding for an organisation, as well as ensuring that they are able to employ suitable candidates
2. Preventing (and keeping records of) unsuitable individuals from working with vulnerable groups
3. Check if there’s any reason a potential employee is inappropriate for the role that they’ve applied for
4. To respond to referrals from organisations that are concerned that a candidate may not be suitable for a job due to the reasons above
5. Its aim is to verify a person has no previous convictions that may make them unsuitable, and they don’t pose a risk to the safety of the children we work with and other people. Due to this, all potential employees must have a DBS check completed. Once a DBS check is completed, a certificate will be issued directly to you
6. You won’t be able to start working in your new role until your DBS check has been completed
7. If you have DBS certificate registered with the update service, you won’t need to do a new DBS check, but we will need your certificate number to verify this.
*Please note if you hold a qualification in Activity Leadership or Sport & Recreation you may not be eligible*