An exciting opportunity has arisen for an active, fit and outgoing person to join our gardening team on a temporary basis. We are a beautiful tourist island just 1 ½ miles long by ½ mile wide situated a 20 minute boat ride from Guernsey with 60 permanent residents (including children). The company spends consistently on running and refurbishing the island and the Gardening team play a very important part in the island’s upkeep and general appearance.
The Ideal Candidate
This role would suit someone interested in Horticulture with basic training in plant knowledge, horticultural equipment and pruning techniques.
They must be able to work as part of a team or on their own, be enthusiastic and willing to learn, physically fit and able to work with the public and the community
A full Driving Licence is essential.
The Work Role
Guaranteed never a dull moment working in a healthy, outdoor environment with a commute time of just a few minutes!
The Assistant Gardener’s responsibilities mainly involve the following areas:
- Watering and mowing schedules
- Weekly Garden tours
- Maintaining the gardens in the Hotel and Holiday Cottages
- Community activities; school horticultural and environmental projects
- Planting and maintaining summer bedding displays
- Work towards the up-keep of the island’s green spaces and the judging day for the Floral Guernsey competition