Au Pair – Holly & Del Chandler
We are Derek and Holly. We have two young children, one boy and one girl; Wilfred is 3 and Martha is 2 in July.
Our life is split between two countries - France and the UK.
During the winter months we are based in the French Alps in a ski resort called Meribel, in the Three Valleys. Then for the summer months we are on a small Channel Island called Alderney.
We are looking for an Au Pair that can join us for the summer season and hopefully, all being well, could then come to Meribel in the Winter too.
We both work full time running two business (chalet company Fish & Pips and Marmalade Ski School) and are looking for an Au Pair to take over when our current Au Pair leaves in July.
In the summer months we are busy running three businesses on Alderney Island; The Georgian House, The Moorings and The Victoria but the children spend most of their time playing on one of the many beautiful beaches.
During the winter the children are in a local French creche for three days each week. When they are not in creche there is so much to do - sledging, walking, swimming, play parks, soft play and generally playing outside in the snow when it is not too cold.
We work hard as a family but also enjoy life as much as possible. We would hope that we provide an environment that you feel free to join in as much of the fun as you like, enjoying the island life and then in the winter the slopes as well. And we look forward to making you part of our family life.
Simply to help give our children the best days we can and be an extra pair of hands in a busy household.
- Approximately 30 hours of assistance throughout the week
- Looking after the children on the days when they are not in creche
- General ‘help around the house’
- Occasional evening babysitting
Key skills and attitude requirements:
- Previous experience in looking after children essential
- English speaking and ideally French (not essential)
- A cheerful and outgoing manner
- Considerate and risk aware
- Passionate, enthusiastic and energetic
- Adaptable and creative
- Good communicator
- Dates: Start July potentially until the end of April 2020 (if heading out to Meribel post summer season).
- Competitive weekly wage
- Travel to and from the Alderney and Alps (if applicable)
- Live in accommodation; own room
- Food included
- 1 Valley lift pass in the winter months
- Equipment, if required
Please click apply now if you are interested in the position, sending through your CV and covering letter. References on request.